Drysuit Squeeze

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Add more air to the suit!!

Some people tend to bruise very easy without any real pressure. If you have a auto-dump valve on the left arm you could try and close it a couple 2-4 clicks to hold a bit more air, hopefully it with help reduce the squeeze.

Gonna give you all an update on the suit squeeze problem.

Turns out that the marks were coming from my plastic key holder that I kept near the chest area. I found that out by tying that key holder to a string and putting it in my pocket for a few dives. After those dives, barely any marks at all.

The key holder was probably pressed against my chest due to drysuit squeeze, and it was rolling around, causing the squeeze marks to go all over the chest. Luckily for me, those weren't permanent.

Lesson here is i) control your drysuit squeeze by adding more air and ii) don't have hard things on your chest area when diving in a drysuit.

Great news and well done with the troubleshooting. Enjoy your suit and dive safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom