Easiest way to put on a wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the suit fits right then it need not be a painful nor entertaining ordeal if you have decent technique. FWIW this all written from a 7mm perspective.

First thing you do is roll the suit down so it is essentially inside out except for the very bottom of the legs. Start by inserting your feet down through the legs. This should be a lot like putting a pair of socks on. Get the bottom cuffs where they want to be.

Now roll the suit up to your knees and if needed adjust the position of the kneepads. Take the time to get this just right.

Now roll the suit up your legs and up over your caboose.

If your suit has rubber flip seals in the arms or if you are sweaty on a summer day some lubrication on the arms can be helpful. Suit snot which is about 1/3 cheap hair conditioner ans 2/3 water in pump sprayer is a big help. Spray some on your arms and rub it all over.

Raise the suit and extend one arm up into the suit sleeve. repeat for the other arm.

Make sure you have the suit resting up on the shoulders before trying to zip it up.

There you go, all quite painless. It can all be done in fluid steps while carrying on a civil conversation.

To get out just start by unzipping. Holding a shoulder open roll the suit down and off of one arm in a chicken wing sort of way. For the second arm just roll the suit down off of the shoulder. Make sure you are on something clean. I bring a small tarp. Just roll the suit down until you get near the bottom where you can step on a lower leg of the suit and roll right off your foot as you lift it. Shift feet and repeat.

This works great with a 7mm Bare Arctic that fits snug enough to leave a full set of stitching impressions in my skin.

Pete

DawgDiver:
Getting it on isn't that bad, getting it off can be interesting to watch. :popcorn:
I have learned more than once that it works better if I remove the computer from my wrist first...! :blush:
almitywife:
stockings/nylons will have the suit slipping on quickly and cheaply
After my one experience boarding the boat wear a speedo and panty hose, I decided to get a dive skin.
:mooner:

I used to feel like I was wrestling a bear when it came to donning my wetsuit...................especially on repetitive dives!
Get a diveskin...................for me it's the only way to go!

I think some of you are in denial over what size suit you really need to wear! LOL

Y'all are wearing some dang tight suits!

DandyDon:
After my one experience boarding the boat wear(ing) a speedo and panty hose, I decided to get a dive skin. :mooner:

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Oh man, that's funny, Danndy!

Oh, boy...um...on second thought...

Oh my... THAT'S NOT FUNNY, DANDY! :no

DandyDon:
I have learned more than once that it works better if I remove the computer from my wrist first...! :blush:

Aint that the truth!:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom