Easiest way to put on a wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think what helps me most is - a properly fitted wetsuit. I have a funny shape that my big arms and chest just doesn't fit any gost darn standard cut suits!!! Another man suggested wearing a woman's suit.

I do like pink, so maybe I'll consider it. Meantime, I just got henderson hyperstretch. I do agree with the critical comment that these suits are velcro magnet.... and will self - destruct within a short time!

The best thing is a lycra skin. That plus technique. pouring some water inside the suit enough to make it baloon is great to help everything settle.

Henderson hyperstetch with zippers in the ankles. Works great. No need for soap or anything else.

I have to admit, all those spy movies where the spy takes off the wet suit to reveal a tux or some sort of field outfit are even funnier since I started diving! :D

RedWingDiver:
I have to admit, all those spy movies where the spy takes off the wet suit to reveal a tux or some sort of field outfit are even funnier since I started diving! :D

LOL!!

Just don't do what I did. While yet a brand new diver, I went to purchase a 5mm wetsuit for quarry and spring diving. It was the middle of August and very hot. I took the wetsuit into the dressing room, (tiny little closet-lookin' thing) got undressed, and began trying to pull this wetsuit on. I was in a hurry because I was on my lunchbreak, and it just seemed like I had miles and miles of neoprene. Good grief. I had one HELL of a time getting my feet through. I was sweating and swearing and pulling.... I finally got my feet through.... Holy COW is that ever TIGHT! I pulled it up and put my arms through the generous arm holes. Hrmmm... This thing feels awfully loose on my arms! And why is the zipper upside down? How come there's no hole for my head to go through? Oh look! There's a big opening in the rear... How convenient... Gives true meaning to "dump" valve!! And.... The jokes just write themselves... :( :rofl3:

(Yes, I'd put the damn thing on upside down!) :shakehead

:rofl3:

Lord help me !!!!

the K

I do like a little liquid soap on the semi-dry seals, but don't over do that on a boat. Makes the deck pretty slippery to walk on.

My home bud & I have the same brand of 7 mil, different sizes. It was funny watching him struggle with my smaller one. :lol2:

Over 5mm you really should be considering a dry suit :p (for loss of buoyancy etc etc and all that crap).
i find if you buy a good fitting suit, it erm, fits?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom