Empress Expedition 2004-Trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay
Follow the directions that Janet sent to get your deposit in, you don't have to go to the store.Some of us have already booked it. Going to be a blast.
Sunday if your not doing the Wex than my boat leaves @ 10 ,12 & 2 for a drift of the center of the river. Did it last week and found some new wrecks & scenery. The cost is oh!!!! Free. If interested let me know what time so I can set up a schedule. Can take 4 at a time. All other Free Flow'ers are also invited. Hope to see the Mistress & her Mister on Sat if the weather permits. If it's still 10 let me know.

Later, Terry

TEAZER:
Jay
Follow the directions that Janet sent to get your deposit in, you don't have to go to the store.Some of us have already booked it. Going to be a blast.
Sunday if your not doing the Wex than my boat leaves @ 10 ,12 & 2 for a drift of the center of the river. Did it last week and found some new wrecks & scenery. The cost is oh!!!! Free. If interested let me know what time so I can set up a schedule. Can take 4 at a time. All other Free Flow'ers are also invited. Hope to see the Mistress & her Mister on Sat if the weather permits. If it's still 10 let me know.

Later, Terry

Hey Teazer,

Count me in for 12 (Don't think the Mister will be with me). Don't forget to specify that this is a single tank dive only - no doubles. We wouldn't want yer pretty boat all bangered up.

Where do we meet you for loading/unloading?

10am it is. I'll reconfirm with DR.

Look at that, two dives in one weekend for me - what the heck has happened?

I think I have the diving bug again.....woohoo!

Is this The Empress of Ireland thread??

If so good article in Sat. Toronto Star about artifacts & where they belong!!

Hi

Its an interesting article, but were say artifacts should be and were they end up are miles apart.

Mr A

Hey Scuba-Punk. Looking forward to getting a dive or 2 in with you next weekend. Would you mind bringing me some Penn Gold? I've devloped a definatle taste for that stuff in the last week or so :)

TTYL
Jay

Twister:
Is this The Empress of Ireland thread??

If so good article in Sat. Toronto Star about artifacts & where they belong!!

Yes it is, and what does it say specifically?

Who was the writer of the article?

Was his name.......

never mind

www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...le&cid=1093558210295&call_pageid=970599119419

I get the Star and the Sun mixed up, as I never read either of them. I wrote a quick little "info package" for an aquaintance of a good friend that works at the Sun.

Scuba_Steve:
Yes it is, and what does it say specifically?

Who was the writer of the article?

Was his name.......

never mind

www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...le&cid=1093558210295&call_pageid=970599119419

I get the Star and the Sun mixed up, as I never read either of them. I wrote a quick little "info package" for an aquaintance of a good friend that works at the Sun.

I thought that was a rather sad article myself. I didn't think much of the writing style or of the content.

They were basically regurgitating what has been said about the Empress for many years in a variety of publications.

The Empress is no different than any other wreck in regards to the removal of artifacts. It's just wrong and not just because the law says so.

As to the missing skull, anyone who would touch it should be considered diving skum but it wasn't there when we dove the lifeboats either.....makes you wonder if someone returned it to it's original place of rest.

Yeah, not much meat to it. I do however disagree with regards to the artifact thing :)

Some things, IMO are off limits (Skulls, bones, certain name-plates on stoves etc). But then we can't have each one of us deciding our own limits, can we.

As to the "legally" removed items, highest bidder, regardless of where the artifact is going to end up. If a guy legally owns something, who is anyone to tell him to whom he can sell it to? If it's so damn important, pony up or be quiet. If no museum or private group wants or can afford the stuff, then, sorry, but it's gone.

I think Beaudry could have sold his stuff by now, by hook or by crook, but I think he want's to see everyone dance a bit and raise the ante. Plus he's now a celeb don't you know!

Only met him once. I felt a little dirtier afterwards, if that's any indication, but I can respect a lot (not all) of what he's done. JMHO.

Steve

leftwinger27:
Hey Scuba-Punk. Looking forward to getting a dive or 2 in with you next weekend. Would you mind bringing me some Penn Gold? I've devloped a definatle taste for that stuff in the last week or so :)

TTYL
Jay

Sure, if you can scrounge up a case of Rickard's Red :) I'll go to the Brew-Thru tomorrow and see what they have. See you this weekend.

-Frank

Oh, Steve-O... As promised, I will be picking up a Shoo-Fly pie today for your sampling enjoyment. MMMMM. Think of it as a sweet molases-crumb pie. Is there anything else I should add to the grocery list?

-Frank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom