Entry level computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grab one of those Atmos 2's from Larry at Scubatoys.

Don't bother with the Atmos 1. It's too much money for too few features (and it's pretty hard to find now). It is not Nitrox compatible, has no back light, no audible alarms, no ability to set your own conservatism. Atmos 2 has all those things and more and is a great deal.

FWIW, I've read that the Atmos 2 replacement model is just the same except smaller display...so I'd grab an Atmos 2 before it's gone :wink:

prodjbm:
I'm leaning toward the Atmos 2 because it says the batteries are user changable

one other thing about the Atmos 2 is that the batteries last FOR EVER. no,
i mean, for EVER.... and they cost less than $3.00 at Radio Shack

prodjbm:
I do like that the oceanic has a temp. gauge in it, water activated and the big display.

so does the Atmos 2

basically, these are very similar computers. go with the one you can find cheapest

Ok everyone. I caved. Just ordered the Atmos 2 from Scubatoys.

Comes in tomorrow!!!!

ScubaMike05:

Comes in tomorrow!!!!

Does this use an infrared interface (IRDA) ? Why does one need to spend $50 for the cable? I picked up an infrared usb cable for <$10.00 for my Uwatec Smartpro.

Just curious, as I'm thinking of getting this one for my sister.

It looks like I will go for the Atoms 2. Thanks for all the great information!!!

ScubaMike05:

Comes in tomorrow!!!!

dude!!! i gotta share too: just got a Nitek 3 at Ebay... can't wait for it to get here!

prodjbm:
It looks like I will go for the Atoms 2. Thanks for all the great information!!!

it's a great computer... you'll love it

I may be too late if you have already selected your computer, but wanted to add my two cents in case you haven't. We have two friends (husband/wife team) who both use the Versa Pro and are very happy with it. My husband is getting the Pro Plus II.

Other than you can't buy them online, why doesn't anyone like uwatec's(scubapro)?

Still have no report on the Atmos2. Hope to have one later this evening after my scuba class

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom