Entry level computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why is it that it seems that divers are now going to wrist computers. Why would anyone want one more expensive item that can be lost so easy.You come out of the water you have to take it off making it easer to misplace or be stolen, under water you hope it don't come off but catching on , well you know just about anything,. also if you dive dark water your chance of ever finding it or next to zero.With a console mount one will automatically check his dive computer when checking air and visa versa.. Ive been trying to talk Prodjbm into a console computer just for this reason. By the time he is ready for nitrox the atoms 2 will be outdated lol
finder

I am new to diving as well... after a lot of research I went with the Oceanic VT Pro. I am really happy with my decision as the computer has worked out great... the wireless transmitter on the 1st stage is a very nice feature as you get your PSI reading to 1 psi... you can watch the pressure change with every single breath you take, the screen is large and full of information but not overwhelming; you can get diving with it after only a brief review of the manual ... and the buttons are pretty much common sense. Also has a great backlight and a PC interface!

finder:
why is it that it seems that divers are now going to wrist computers. Why would anyone want one more expensive item that can be lost so easy.You come out of the water you have to take it off making it easer to misplace or be stolen, under water you hope it don't come off but catching on , well you know just about anything,. also if you dive dark water your chance of ever finding it or next to zero.With a console mount one will automatically check his dive computer when checking air and visa versa.. Ive been trying to talk Prodjbm into a console computer just for this reason. By the time he is ready for nitrox the atoms 2 will be outdated lol
finder

The problem with consoles (particularly in a drysuit in poor visibility) is that you get a tremedous amount of task loading during ascent. (i.e watch your computer for stop depth and ascent speed, wind up the smb reel, vent drysuit, vent wing (if you dive heavy twins) )

With a wrist mount, it's a lot easier to monitor stop depth whilst doing all the other bits.

E:)

ScubaMike05:
FYI. The Atmos 2 is Nitrox ready

Um yes i know it is, what i said by the time he is ready the atmos2 will be outdated. meaning there be a new one with more bells and whistles:wink: right now there marking it down on price. meaning i think its replacement is already out there:D but i could be wrong..
Finder

finder:
right now there marking it down on price. meaning i think its replacement is already out there:D but i could be wrong..
Finder

Soo...do you update your home computer everytime because the one you just got was "outdated"? :D

Actually I bought a US divers monitor off ebay. The battery had just been replaced (receipt provided) so far I'm pleased it's doing what I need it to do. Being land locked mostly lake a quary dives does all I need it to do and I find it very simple to read and use.

finder:
meaning i think its replacement is already out there:D but i could be wrong..

yeah, it's the Aeris XR2 ... for $375

other than being more expensive, it doesn't do anything the Atmos 2 doesn't
do... but you can save at least $100 bucks on the Atmos 2

latest and newest really means nothing in dive computers. they basically
do the same thing well. the rest is just marketing and gimmicks to get your
money.

(my $.02)

ScubaMike05:
Soo...do you update your home computer everytime because the one you just got was "outdated"? :D

This brings up a question I have. I've only been watching dive computer prices for about a year. Do prices on dive computers still drop overall, or have they reached stable levels now? My next computer will be wireless air integrated. The VT Pro is now online for about $660. Should I expect that to fall to $300 over the next couple of years, or will they still be above $600?

Speculation?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom