Experiences with Aqua Lung Titan LX Supreme?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Titian LX or Supreme is all the regulator most divers will ever need. We use Titians in our rental fleet, and they get more use that any individual diver could. With routine care and maintenance they will last forever as ours seem to. They deliver air extremely well, and parts wil never be an issue. Also, AquaLung has the best warranty/parts deal in the industry. Be sure you buy from an authorized dealer to ensure you get the warranty/parts deal. Dive one myself when I teach, find no difference in performance compared with my FDX10, Mk25, or Hog sets in recreational limits.

My wife and I have Titan. A friens has the legend. If you do not plan to venture in extremely cold water and/or lower than 120 feet, they both do the same, excellent, job.

Why 120 feet, as I said, not only do I have both the Legend and the Titan LX and about 50 other regulators I have test equipment beyond the usual including flow meters and two Magnahelics. I assure you the Titan LX can do anything the Legend can do and that that the flow rate difference between them is nil. The first stages uses the same inner workings and the second stages are the exact same minus the adjustment knob for the Titan. What exactly limits the Titan LX to 120 feet? Especially since I have had mine well beyond that depth several times. And well beyond that depth in heavy current pushing a camera.

IMG_0828_edited-1.jpg

I have done quite a few different experiments over the years and the actual restriction in WOB is not inhalation with modern regulators but the work of exhalation. The Titan LX/Legend are about as good as it gets save for one, the Argonaut Kraken takes them down. And it is measurable on my Magnahelic.

I believe AL is playing a switcharoo, the current Core appears to be the model replacing the old Titan LX. The Titan shown in the current website is not the Titan LX. There is plenty of old stock on the Titan LX. I am not entirely sure how it fits in and what the Core is but probably the model equivalent/replacement to the Titan LX.

N

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom