Feeling ripped off by LDS – please advise.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just wish that the manufacturers realized that the authorized dealer and warranty only means so much. Some people care, but many do not. For me, it really has never mattered. Most warranties are so tough to get action on, I will just take the lower price and take my chances in most cases. I am taking that approach in all areas of my life though. Insurance and warranties are expensive. Assuming more risk will pocket more of your own money, overall.

Yes, I only hear good things about Oceanic, having said all that.

engbarth:
We are new to diving and in the market for dive gear. Has anyone purchased from divers-supply.com? Are they reliable? Would you buy a reg from them?

I am looking at a package that includes the Mares Kaila BC (ind price about 450), octopus (ind price about 100), Delta 4 reg (ind price about 450), and a nice Oceanic computer (ind price about 750). The price seems great ($1166 for the package) and will be much better than what I can get at my LDS.

Thanks for any input,
Gina

Yes they are authorized dealers and reliable.

I would just return it unused.

No hard feelings.

Back
Top Bottom