First Computer - advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought the Oceanic VEO 100Nx from LeisurePro.com. I haven't used it yet, though reading the manual it seems very easy too use. I actually ordered the VE0 100 Air only but, they sent me the 100Nx model,air/nitrox! I don't see me using nitrox anytime but it's nice to have options.
The air model was on sale for $144.00 USD. LeisurePro rocks!

I had 4 VEO100's over here. All of them leaked into the battery compartment and failed mid dive. After repairing them all, within 6 months 3 had leaked and failed again.

Chucked them away in the end and switched to gekkos. The veo is nice to use though and gives you more time underwater.

I had 4 VEO100's over here. All of them leaked into the battery compartment and failed mid dive. After repairing them all, within 6 months 3 had leaked and failed again.

Chucked them away in the end and switched to gekkos. The veo is nice to use though and gives you more time underwater.

Thanks for the heads up. Did they leak with the factory installed bats or was it after you changed it? I don't mean anything by that ? Just trying to make it clear to me. Did Oceanic offer any recourse? Maybe the Nx model is better? Probably not same case different software. I didn't see anything about leaks in the reviews. There were some "bad" reviews but that I recall none mentioned leaks. Thanks again!:popcorn:

I have been quite satisfied with my gekko, although the new model zoop would also be good
It is easy to set up, has nitrox mode, although no gauge mode. I never have a problem with the conservative algorythm diving here in California waters, but in Cozumel I often found myself running out of time before air perhaps due to the very conservative suunto.

I don't know about the other ones, but the Uwatec Aladin Prime has an IR port, so you just need a cheap USB IR dongle to transfer dive data to your PC. IMHO that's an excellent tool for keeping rich statistics and logs of your dives, tracking air consumption (calculated by the PC program),...

another great choice is the scubapro aladdin, simple, easy to use and understand, nitrox programmable, and falls right within your price range!

i don't know about the other ones, but the uwatec aladin prime has an ir port, so you just need a cheap usb ir dongle to transfer dive data to your pc. Imho that's an excellent tool for keeping rich statistics and logs of your dives, tracking air consumption (calculated by the pc program),...

+1 .....

The Mares Puck Wrist also gets a good mention by people (though just not in this thread)... which is the reason why I purchased one. The display looks very well designed for clarity and ease of use.

User replaceable batteries.
Can be used on the wrist or in a console.
Data can be downloaded onto a PC.
Good pricing.
Can do conservative or not-so-conservative algorithms.
Nitrox capable to 50%.
Bottom timer.
Temperature reading.
Backlight.
Accendo-meter.

DiveInn has it for about 150 EUR ($202 USD). They go out of stock often, however, so you'll likely have to wait a few weeks for it. Just talk to the sales people there.

Last edited:
Suunto Gekko has just been replaced by the Zoop, looks the same to me but yellow .......
Actually for US the Zoop will be orange ..... saw it at the Aqualung booth at Beneath the Sea.
Will have class by the end of April :D

Back
Top Bottom