First Ocean Dive and its Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My family will be there from 6/19 - 26 at the Plaza. Maybe we can all get together for a dive. Drop a pm if you want

You will love Bonaire. I just returned from my trip there in Feb. Make sure you go to the double reef down south. Hilma Hooker, Batchelors Beach, Angel City among many others down there. Karpata has had turtles every time I dive it. Others I like are Ol Blue, 1000 Steps, Oil Slick Leap. You can't leave without doing some boat dives on Klien! From your previous experience, Bonaire is going to spoil you rotten!

Jet

:banghead: livestodive my bad.. I will be arriving the 26th not the 23rd.... Silly me

But I would love to meet up with ppl from the board if your there at that time

Happy Diving

livestodive:
My family will be there from 6/19 - 26 at the Plaza. Maybe we can all get together for a dive.

Charlie, how did she miss both of us....sound like some WWI alumni warned her about us. :eyebrow:

Hi AquaPixie!

I loved Bonaire! Especially the divesite OL Blue and Karpata.
And btw, don't try what I did: only show up with enclosed fins without shoes.
Man did that coral hurt my feet! And the rest had to wait while I crawled my way in...

Another thing: My legs where eaten alive by the bugs there (and usually in tropical destinations they don't even like me!!).
A guy that's had over 1000 dives there (and that's many holidays I figure), told me to start taking Vitamine B pills like 2 weeks before you go. He said it recuces the bites with 90%.
I'm sure trying that when I'm going in may!!

Greetz,

Pau.

The bugs in both Bonaire and Curacao seem to be seasonal - usually doesn't seem buggy but when they're out they're really out. I'm not sure of the times but I'm guessing it corresponds to rain somehow. I've been to Curacao 5 times, 1-4 no bugs at all, last time Aug 03 they were truly awful. Take stuff along just in case.

Aqua,

I just took my first ocean trip to Curacao, right next door to where you'll be.

I just have to tell you that my conception of what it would be like was really a joke. I studied all of my coral and fish examples in my open water manual and sort of assumed that I might see something here and another thing there.

Well....it was like system overload. The goodies were everywhere. If anything, it was almost gaudie. (sp?) More stuff than I'll ever be able to identify. And I saw a hawksbill turtle on the last dive of my last day!

We dove 2 days with a couple that had been in Bonaire diving the week before and I asked them to compare. They said that Curacao was more colorful underwater, but Bonaire was simply a breeze when it comes to shore dives.

Hope that helps. It will all be good.

Beck

Maybe you r right Walter must've warned them lol. Its too bad we are going to miss all of you cause it is fun to meet and dive with others on the board.

You guys are killing me...Im there July 10-17th at Buddys..
rotten luck,sure would be nice to have some vets to show me around and dive with!
Everyone have FUN!
Be safe!
Drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom