First Post, Equipment Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please tell me you jest about banning "knowone"
SB would be the poorer without his non-sequiter posts which most resemble Andy Kaufman on acid.

Michael

It's good to know that your LDS was flexible on prices when comparing to competitors. I hope mine is the same way when I go to buy a BCD & regulator setup after I finish class & have tried out a few different ones. I know I could probably find some good stuff locally on craigslist too but whenever I'm going to drop several hundred $$ on something like this I feel better having a warranty on it.

It's good to know that your LDS was flexible on prices when comparing to competitors. I hope mine is the same way when I go to buy a BCD & regulator setup after I finish class & have tried out a few different ones. I know I could probably find some good stuff locally on craigslist too but whenever I'm going to drop several hundred $$ on something like this I feel better having a warranty on it.

I agree about wanting the warranty - also my LDS provides free rebuild parts such as o-rings when they service the gear.

Also I bought new because I prefer to know the maintenance and use history of my life support system!

Once your done with getting your cert, don't forget there is good diving in our State!:D

I didn't really mean "take me diving," but if you and some buddies have a weekend dive planned I'd love to tag along. I'm very serious and conservative about safety.

Also I bought new because I prefer to know the maintenance and use history of my life support system!

I agree wholeheartedly as well. I think most LDS owners will be happy to do the little extras for you down the line if you bring some big ticket business their way, especially in this economy.

I didn't really mean "take me diving," but if you and some buddies have a weekend dive planned I'd love to tag along. I'm very serious and conservative about safety.

No worries, here's some info.

Lots of places to go in our State if you want easy or challenging dives. Jocassee/Keowee are two very good dive lakes. Keowee for learning about high currents in a safe manner.:D Jocassee for the wall, muck, wreck, darkness, cold, navigation. Complete your AOW and dive the graveyard, if the lake drops a bit.

Home -North Myrtle -good sites -Sherman

Express Water Sports - Myrtle Beach Scuba, Parasail, Kayak & dolphin watch & Ocean Sightseeing, Banana Boat And jet skis & hydro testing in Myrtle Beach South Carolina - Myrtle beach scuba Dive -Murrell's inlet -love their boats!

Bermuda Triangle, Greenville, SC - Let's Go Diving! -Greenville

OFF THE WALL DIVE CHARTERS (864)944-9255 (WALL) -Jocassee -Bill Routh -highly respected

Home Page -Clemson -dives on Keowee/Jocassee -pumphouse -I dive with these guys.

The Scuba Shop: Home -Spartanburg -dives Jocassee/Keowee - I've dove with these guys for years -They worked on the movie 'The Abyss -their web site is down for some reason.

No worries, here's some info.

Lots of places to go in our State if you want easy or challenging dives. Jocassee/Keowee are two very good dive lakes. Keowee for learning about high currents in a safe manner.:D Jocassee for the wall, muck, wreck, darkness, cold, navigation. Complete your AOW and dive the graveyard, if the lake drops a bit.

Home -North Myrtle -good sites -Sherman

Express Water Sports - Myrtle Beach Scuba, Parasail, Kayak & dolphin watch & Ocean Sightseeing, Banana Boat And jet skis & hydro testing in Myrtle Beach South Carolina - Myrtle beach scuba Dive -Murrell's inlet -love their boats!

Bermuda Triangle, Greenville, SC - Let's Go Diving! -Greenville

OFF THE WALL DIVE CHARTERS (864)944-9255 (WALL) -Jocassee -Bill Routh -highly respected

Home Page -Clemson -dives on Keowee/Jocassee -pumphouse -I dive with these guys.

The Scuba Shop: Home -Spartanburg -dives Jocassee/Keowee - I've dove with these guys for years -They worked on the movie 'The Abyss -their web site is down for some reason.

Awesome info, thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom