First trip to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjnilsen:
First dive trip to Cozumel. Looking for places to dive. We are staying at the Fiesta Americana. Looking for things to do and places to eat.

cjnilsen

Try scuba with Alison. We dove with her and had a great time....the link is below

http://www.scubawithalison.com/

Welcome to the board! ggunn and Rwhiting gave you some great info. We stayed at the Fiesta Americana on our first trip to Cozumel last February. Here is a link to my trip report (including some pictures) if you're interested: Fiesta Americana Trip Report

You will love Cozumel!

We'll be at Fiesta Americana on 2/19 for a week...look for our group

DiveDad:
We'll be at Fiesta Americana on 2/19 for a week...look for our group

When you return can you give me a report on the Fiesta Americana? I have a trip booked for the last week in March and we have not stayed at this resort before and I am getting mixed reviews.

Thanks

ggunn:
Where to eat: Many great choices; here's my (not so) short list in no particular order...

El Capi Navigante
Santiago
La Perlita
El Moro
Sonora
La Choza
Pancho's Backyard
Casa Denis
The Lobster House
Palmeras
Los Gavianes (spelled wrong, I'm sure)
La Morena
Los Moros del Morritos
Prima
Acuario
La Cocay

I'd like to add:

Guidos, Mesa 17 & Especias to that list.

Just got back and those were the standout restaurants. Prima had the best Lobster of the trip...

I've been looking at hotels on Cozumel and I'm not sure where to stay. I was thinking about the Fiesta Americana Cozumel Dive Resort All Inclusive. Does anyone know how the quality there is and if there are some good dive sites nearby or where we'd go to dive if we stayed there? Thanks for the help guys!! :07:

great recommendations from ggunn!!!! ditto all.
also, rent a jeep and spend the day driving around the island, stop at Coconuts on the Carribean side, beautiful hill top view, good food and great margaritas, (be careful they are VERY strong!!!!!!!!!!). ask to see the "family albums"
for an on island Mayan experience go to San Gervaiso, on the north side. It's not as impressive as going to Chichen-Itza, but not much is, belive me, but it is a good sized late period archeological site.
the lighthouse at Punta Sur at the south end is also a nice stop.
Playa Corona just up the street form F.A. and Rock-n-Java would be my food additions to the list.
have a great trip, hope it's first of many for you.

sharky60:
...rent a jeep and spend the day driving around the island, stop at Coconuts on the Carribean side, beautiful hill top view, good food and great margaritas, (be careful they are VERY strong!!!!!!!!!!). ask to see the "family albums"...

But make sure that there aren't any kids around you. I dunno what it is that makes young women want to take their clothes off and pose for pictures to be put in an album and circulated among strangers, but I suspect that it has something to do with tequila.

On another forum a while back, a guy posted a plea for anyone going to Coconuts to obtain all the prints and negatives of some compromising photos that were taken of his girlfriend and him when he took her there. It seems her dad was planning a trip to Cozumel and Coconuts was on his agenda. I wished him lotsa luck with that and advised him to get some body armor. ;^)

ggunn:
But make sure that there aren't any kids around you. I dunno what it is that makes young women want to take their clothes off and pose for pictures to be put in an album and circulated among strangers, but I suspect that it has something to do with tequila.

On another forum a while back, a guy posted a plea for anyone going to Coconuts to obtain all the prints and negatives of some compromising photos that were taken of his girlfriend and him when he took her there. It seems her dad was planning a trip to Cozumel and Coconuts was on his agenda. I wished him lotsa luck with that and advised him to get some body armor. ;^)

I remember the first time we stopped at Coconuts. We walked by when they were "posing" for pictures. Quite a shocker to say the least!

Back
Top Bottom