First trip to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could all help me decide where to dive on Cozumel? I'm trying to do about 8 dives there...so which sites are your favorites? I'm going in June in case that makes a difference. This will be my first time diving in Cozumel. Thanks for the help!

Becky :scubadive

DB83:
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could all help me decide where to dive on Cozumel? I'm trying to do about 8 dives there...so which sites are your favorites? I'm going in June in case that makes a difference. This will be my first time diving in Cozumel. Thanks for the help!

Becky :scubadive

On the one hand, if you go with a dive op that takes a vote when the boat leaves the dock, you'll just be one vote out of 6 or 8, so you really won't be able to dictate. OTOH, there are no bad dives there, so wherever you go, it'll be great.

Your main decision will be whether you want to dive with a large group on a slow boat (in which case you will have virtually no voice in where you go, but remember, it will still be great) or a small group on a fast boat. Your prime responsibility will be that the dive op has an accurate assessment of your skills and experience level, with no exaggeration.

My personal favorite dives there are the Punta Sur Cathedral and Palancar Horseshoe, and every other dive I've ever done there is closely tied for second place.

Cheers,

DIVE SITES:

#1 - Anything with Palancar in the name. Palancar Gardens, Palancar Caves, Palancar Caverns, Palancar Horseshoe (Herradura)

#2 - C-53 Wreck If (and only if) you like the idea of being inside a wreck. Not that old, not a ton of growth, but I really enjoyed it.

#3 - Santa Rosa and San Francisco

#4 - Any place that you can get to. I am sure that if you tried hard you could find a "bad" dive site, but so far I have enjoyed everything there.

Just the opinions of one narced individual, and only because you asked!

Wristshot

cjnilsen:
First dive trip to Cozumel. Looking for places to dive. We are staying at the Fiesta Americana. Looking for things to do and places to eat.

cjnilsen
Santa Rosa wall and Palancar Gardens are two great sites. Primo (across the street from the phone tower) and Guido's are good bets for dinner. Both are in town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom