• Paul the Pelican

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Marvin the Marlin

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • The Florida Conchs

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like Flo the Flamingo or Pete the Pelican. Makes me think of the salt water. Gary the Gator...tired of Gators. Manny the Manatee reminds me of that extreme nut on TV that molests every critter he finds. The others just don't sing!

But Hey...I'm a Texan so what do I know! According to Tom I'm a swamp :wink:

Originally posted by NetDoc
The mascot controversy is too hot for some of us... either that or we don't think we can count the stinkin' votes right!

So it'll be a close-run thing, you'll argue about it for weeks... and then all the divers in America get stuck with whatever you choose? Sounds like an incentive for non-Floridans to get their votes in!

In Singapore, it would be easy... Cherry the Chilli Crab.

Z

What if we called ourselves the Florida Conch Divers? That's a distincitive Florida name. :tree: Bob
:tribute:

Being a born and raised "Conch from Key West" I feel I should have a vote. Once a Floridian always one. We had a saying in Key West that once you had sand in your shoes you would come back. Any how I really liked the idea of a Pelican mascot. Flamingos are really smelly and noisey too in person. Also, they remind me of those plastic lawn ones which I am not so fond of. Pelicans are fun to watch and make great photo ops. Just my $0.2 worth.

For a diving mascot I vote for Jacob, the Jewfish.
(For you politically correct folk, make that George, the Goliath Grouper)
Rick :)

OK, as a "future" resident of Florida, THE LAND OF THE SHARK ATTACKS :D , I think it would be best to have the name related to a shark in some manner.

However, I must admit that I do like Conch Divers (and noticed that I am the only one who voted for that). The Manatee, although an admired species to many unfortunately is a subtle reminder to some of us of our own physical presence (like looking in the mirror) :eek:ut: , hmmmm.

Well, since Florida is known for their ability to count votes, I'm sure this will be a fair and square race.
I voted for Sherry the Shark.
Florida is know for their sharks ...good and bad ..and I think Sherry would do a good job if elected.
And you could even dress her up and down and make her look vampy! What fun!

:jessica:

Iguana Don is out of commission for the time being, but when I talked to him last night, he put in his vote for the flamingo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom