free diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last breathhold on land was 4:15 and climbing!

wow... very impressive...

you know, i should work on that skill. would come in handy to clean the kitty boxes
around my house :wink:

freediver ken:
I know this is an old post, but the best info and forums I have seen on freediving are on DeeperBlue.com I have made significant progress from reading the forums. Last breathhold on land was 4:15 and climbing!

That's wild.. I'm too old for this or something. I can barely get from one end of the pool to the other without feeling some discomfort. Sure is interesting though. What is the current record for static apnea? Isn't it somewhere around 6 min. or so? Can't imagine it.. Heck I can't even hold my breath through the pool scene in "The Big Blue"..
Cheers..

Thanks for this info.

smay28:
That's wild.. I'm too old for this or something. I can barely get from one end of the pool to the other without feeling some discomfort. Sure is interesting though. What is the current record for static apnea? Isn't it somewhere around 6 min. or so? Can't imagine it.. Heck I can't even hold my breath through the pool scene in "The Big Blue"..
Cheers..

I think that the record in static apnea is now around 8 minutes 15 seconds for men and around 7 minutes for women.

Nov. 9, 2003 the record was at 8 minutes and 24 seconds. There are "unofficial" reports of a czech cracking 9 minutes.

mogwai:
Ok so i know this is a scuba board but my curiosity has been aroused and am looking for points of info, books, sites etc on free diving. Love my scuba but like i say am curious. I realise it has its dnagers but would like to know more. Anyone point me in the proper direction?

Hi again Mogwai! I free dive myself norm when I'm back down in Wales.. have tended to do so in quarries, but having dived up here on the west coast I've seen plenty of sites particularly Loch Fyne way that would be excellent for free diving.

Greg

CincyBengalsFan:
Nov. 9, 2003 the record was at 8 minutes and 24 seconds. There are "unofficial" reports of a czech cracking 9 minutes.

I just can't fathom it!.. But I'd really like to be poolside and witness something like this.. Not exactly an action sport but it sure would be amazing to see firsthand.. Wouldn't you agree?

I couldn't imagine it. I would like to witness it firsthand. I was up to nearly 4 minutes before I got sick last year. Now I'm rebuilding and close to 3 minutes in the pool.

I'm heading out this weekend to do some free diving. Free Diving Speigal Grove in August with a friend that lives down there. Can't wait.

Cool! I'm a total newbie interested in both freediving and SCUBA, but funds allow me to try only one at a time. I'm leaning towards freediving, but we'll see.

check out www.specialfins.com and you will find out that free diving can be as costly as SCUBA. $300+ fins...spearguns...etc.etc.etc. then the extra large long back to pack that crap in.

I have two pairs of cressi free diving fins but I'm saving up for some C4's by omersub.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom