Full Cave Training With GDI Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JT
Great report!!!!!
Things that are still ahead and I'm already scared....
And GDI - this guy is simply immortal
:D

TSM - just do one course with Rick and you will see what it means "physically demanding"

Mania

limeyx:
Compared to beach diving down here, cenote access was a breeze for us.

Jardin of Eden -- just some wooden steps.
Carwash -- really easy
Temple of doom -- more steps and the shallow cenote makes getting out a bit tricky.

So that wasn't the problem at least :)

Ya... beach diving isn't easy. Trudging through the sand and in some places climbing stairs can test one's fortitude.

But in Tulum you are at the mercy of the instructor as to which cenotes you dive. You can't just pick and choose the easy ones. I'm sure that the instructors have favorite places they like to go depending on what they have in mind for the day.

Carwash is probably the easiest... and they do a lot of dives there. But they will take you to some places that will be a challenge and you certainly don't want to limit your experience to the easy access cenotes. You know that you're going some place special when you feel like puking on the way.

Oh... I think that you have Temple of Doom confused with another cenote. No steps there and it's anything but easy.

At least at Nohoch you can lower your gear down by rope instead of wearing your gear down. But that ain't so easy either... better hang on to your hundred pound rig!

The old timers here will laugh and say, " You think that was tough... I remember when..." and, of course, they would be right. Thanks guys, for paving the way. But I am a little jealous that I didn't get to experience the jungle before it got a little civilized.

rongoodman:
Where are these sold and for how much? I didn't have much luck with Yahoo searches on the model number.

As JB said... Rabbit Tools. Make sure that you get a thermistor or two. If your pack doesn't have one then you will need to splice in a closed loop with the thermistor... the charger won't work without one. I think the packs from H have this but the Salvo's don't. You can tell by looking at your pack... if it only has two wires then it doesn't have a thermistor. You can either add one to the pack and use it to monitor Delta T or you can just use the closed loop method which allows the charger to see it but doesn't allow the thermistor to 'participate' in the charging process (my preferred method).

Nice Report Jeff, and congrats also on your rebreather class!
I just finished reading the article you wrote in Advanced Diver Magazine on the 2007 Yucatan Cave Expedition. Nice job.........you've had a busy Winter!
Bob

costi:
Nice Report Jeff, and congrats also on your rebreather class!
I just finished reading the article you wrote in Advanced Diver Magazine on the 2007 Yucatan Cave Expedition. Nice job.........you've had a busy Winter!
Bob

Thanks Bob.

Now if we could just get in a dive in Maine...that would be great!

Jeff

Stephen Ash:
Ya... beach diving isn't easy. Trudging through the sand and in some places climbing stairs can test one's fortitude.

Oh... I think that you have Temple of Doom confused with another cenote. No steps there and it's anything but easy.

At least at Nohoch you can lower your gear down by rope instead of wearing your gear down. But that ain't so easy either... better hang on to your hundred pound rig!

You are correct -- I meant Taj Mahal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom