Funny things happened trying to book Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Don. Enjoy your trip. I do not know when you are going but there is an Orbitz discount code (150VACA)good through March 31,2015 for a flight and hotel package. I doubt if it would be better then the deal you found.
Amazingly, I failed to check Orbitz discount codes, but I see it there now. Nice one. $1,000 minimum package, but that could work.

At the time tho, Orbitz was offering me $186/night on the hotel alone, so I guess they had the same first time problem. If they would have given me the hotel at the same rate as on the hotel site of $84/night, that would have been sweet - getting the hotel part down to $438/week all inclusive.

I just tried to book for my dates and Orbitz is quoting $1,270 before discount, but that's $134 more than I could have book with the airline and hotel direct. Worse, they want me to overnight in Houston on the way down. It's been a few days so maybe supply has depleted some, hard to say for sure.

It's always good to look for discounts they offer tho, then phone for help to get the best deal. I just didn't. :silly:

You can also book your own air, then use the car/hotel package to use a promo code on Orbitz to get a discount. We've done that several times and gotten the hotel cheaper than if we had just booked the hotel. You don't have to pick up the car if you don't want it.

We got USAir roundtrip (7 hr total flights) from MSP to COZ from Oct. 18, & CasaMexicana for 7 nights (including that amazing breakfast) for $1525 for the two of us, using that $150 Orbitz promo code. We haven't used USAir much, but AA kept wanting to run us overnight each way, so that was out. And I believe Casa Mex still has that free parking deal at the lot across from Los Bravos? Can't do much better than that. I can't remember- does the Casa Mex have minifridges in their rooms? I will have to email them and find out- it's been a few years since I was there, and the details grow cloudy... Oh, by the way, Allen at Sea Robin is charging me about $38 a dive for his usual superb valet service. :D

Last edited:
We got USAir roundtrip (7 hr total flights) from MSP to COZ from Oct. 18, & CasaMexicana for 7 nights (including that amazing breakfast) for $1525 for the two of us, using that $150 Orbitz promo code. We haven't used USAir much, but AA kept wanting to run us overnight each way, so that was out. And I believe Casa Mex still has that free parking deal at the lot across from Los Bravos? Can't do much better than that. I can't remember- does the Casa Mex have minifridges in their rooms? I will have to email them and find out- it's been a few years since I was there, and the details grow cloudy... Oh, by the way, Allen at Sea Robin is charging me about $38 a dive for his usual superb valet service. :D
Since American and USAir merged, they're the same planes. The hotel sites offers free parking. I don't see anything about fridges. $38/dive is ok, but $76/2-tank trip is nothing hot is it?

Since American and USAir merged, they're the same planes.

It seems I have been living under a rock again. I remember something about a merger, but I thought they were still operating independently. Does this mean that Freq. Flyer miles (such as they are..) are combined also, or are they separate? It would be nice if this fed my AA FF account also.

It seems I have been living under a rock again. I remember something about a merger, but I thought they were still operating independently. Does this mean that Freq. Flyer miles (such as they are..) are combined also, or are they separate? It would be nice if this fed my AA FF account also.
Not sure. Probably still two accounts, but you can request they be combined.

Their schedules are being merged, but still often show show to be different airlines. It takes some time to work those out.

Oh, by the way, Allen at Sea Robin is charging me about $38 a dive for his usual superb valet service. :D

Passed Eduardo at caleta the other day. Didn't get a chance to talk to him, but he is a good guy.

Not sure. Probably still two accounts, but you can request they be combined.

Their schedules are being merged, but still often show show to be different airlines. It takes some time to work those out.
US just moved their gates at O'hare from terminal 2 to Terminal 3 where American is. So the merger is moving along even if the planes are not. Chicago news tonight is Sunday flights more than 50% cancel.

Passed Eduardo at caleta the other day. Didn't get a chance to talk to him, but he is a good guy.

I know. I've been working with him for many years now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom