Question Fx-ccr and Shark ccr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fanling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

I don't see much of the review on these ccrs. Anyone has some experiences to share? Appreciated 🙏🏻 cheers.

The FX-CCR is so new there are hardly any divers around that have used it.

AJ:
The FX-CCR is so new there are hardly any divers around that have used it.
But I got the feeling that soon a lot of instructors are going to teach it :) :)
I mean the FX. The Shark is taught in Europe.

a quick run through
Cool. Thanks. Is bov better than dsv? Pros and cons. Is dsv self serviceable and bov can't? I also see there is a recommended annual service, if shipping the unit out to EU would be very costly every year.

Hoping there are not some hidden gotchas here, as it looks like a well crafted new solution in this genre.

Standard BOVs are not very complicated--it's a rotating barrel valve quite similar to a DSV. It's still just a DSV if you don't connect it to an air supply. Second stages of regulators are also fairly simple. Seems like a comparable level of relatively simple maintenance, assuming the design is good.

Did I miss whether there is a mouthpiece retaining strap?

Where does the [optional] needle valve fit in?

The design does not appear very complicated, though it does consist of specifically engineered components. As long as you can readily order and receive the o-rings and spare parts anywhere(?), then DIY or local pro/instructor could probably handle or advise standard maintenance. If the design, semi-permanent seals, and potted electronics are as good as on a JJ*, then sending the unit for scheduled proper factory maintenance would be optional/situational.

Back
Top Bottom