FYI: Deep Sea Detectives - 5 Episodes on Monday (4/25)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for letting us know. I will be sure to watch.

All the best,

Paul

Thanks for the heads up, Chatterton is the man :)

VCR is SET! (can't afford Tivo, I bought a reg set and a BC this year)

Buoyant1:
VCR is SET! (can't afford Tivo, I bought a reg set and a BC this year)

Goto Ebay and buy a TIVO there. You can get one of the old ones that only does 30 hours (low quality) with a lifetime subscription for $100 bucks or less. You can get one w/o Lifetime subscription for much less (like $24-$35), but the subscription fee will kill ya. ($12.95/month or Lifetime is either $200 or $300 to buy from Tivo).

You'll hardly watch TV live again.

You can always upgrade the hard drive to a larger one later.

If you get one of the newer ones, they have either an ethernet port or a USB port (which you can put a USB ethernet on) that you can hook directly into your cable modem router to get programming and don't have to dial-up to Tivo. Dialing up isn't a bad deal though. It does it at 2am or 4am for example and holds 2-3 weeks of programming in memory.

-mike

I TIVOed the heck out of Deep Sea Detectives yestserday. I hadn't seen two of the episodes.

Yes being able to ff through commercials is wonderful.

mike_s:
Goto Ebay and buy a TIVO there. You can get one of the old ones that only does 30 hours (low quality) with a lifetime subscription for $100 bucks or less. You can get one w/o Lifetime subscription for much less (like $24-$35), but the subscription fee will kill ya. ($12.95/month or Lifetime is either $200 or $300 to buy from Tivo).

You'll hardly watch TV live again.

You can always upgrade the hard drive to a larger one later.

If you get one of the newer ones, they have either an ethernet port or a USB port (which you can put a USB ethernet on) that you can hook directly into your cable modem router to get programming and don't have to dial-up to Tivo. Dialing up isn't a bad deal though. It does it at 2am or 4am for example and holds 2-3 weeks of programming in memory.

-mike

don't say i told you, but you can also add a bigger hard drive to tivo's. Tivo know this, because they can see it when you do your daily update, but they don't say anything.

mossym:
don't say i told you, but you can also add a bigger hard drive to tivo's. Tivo know this, because they can see it when you do your daily update, but they don't say anything.

Yep. I'm going to have to do exactly that. I've got the "30 hour" Tivo. But that's the 'low quality' setting. In order to have decent quality, it knocks me down only to 19 hours.

After I recorded the Submarine shows saturday and sunday, and then 5 episodes of Deep Sea Detectives filled up the rest of the space on my TIVO! I had to erase some stuff to get it to record the Loch Ness monster one.

it's easy, i think i have around 300hrs at low quality, about 80 or 100 at highest, not sure, i ahve a big tv so i record everything at high quality anyway...

Hey guys.

The ordinary VCR is ok with 6 hours recoding. I recorded all six episodes yesterday with one VCR tape in SLP mode. It virtually holds 6 hours recording. TIVO must be a good gadget or device. But, I just want to spend more money on the dive equipment rather than any other stuff at this moment. :wink:

Just my 2 cents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom