Port Sanilac Trip Report, 8/11-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k4man:
I'll be heading that way in less than 2 weeks with 10 divers, and am looking forward to a nice few days of diving. Question...how many of the divers were diving WET?? I am dry suit certified, but don't own one. I've been told that, especially in late August, wet suit diving is "not a problem", but wanted your opinion!

I also agree with what diving hoosier said it is up to the individual. We have had a good warm summer this year but the lakes have reached their pretty much upper temps for the year and upper 40's at depth is about the best you can hope for. sometime you will find low 50's but not often.

Also depends upon what depth you are diving. Personally for no longer than you are at 100 or so, it might not be too bad diving wet. Haven't looked at the temps on the computer but I know there were three thermoclines on the New York.

Great trip report... it's one of the trips I hope to do some day...

It sounds like Jim and Wally had a great great time without US. :)

Thanks for sharing the report. I envy you guys.....

Hoosier:
It sounds like Jim and Wally had a great great time without US. :)

Thanks for sharing the report. I envy you guys.....

You and Min went to FL and didn't invite ANY or us. Or at least you didn't envite ME! You knew about this trip. :D

crpntr133:
You and Min went to FL and didn't invite ANY or us. Or at least you didn't envite ME! You knew about this trip. :D

That's true because FL trip was an impulsive trip without having any plan in advance.
Even we made a hotel reservation daily base thanks to the internet and cell phone on the highway. :rofl3: Can you believe that the Oriskany trip reservation was also made after arriving at Pensacola?

Believe or not, it was an excellet trip that we have ever had thanks to the schedule flexibility. IT made our FL trip possible.....:eyebrow:

Hoosier:
Can you believe that the Oriskany trip reservation was also made after arriving at Pensacola?
Yep, when we dove in November we booked the day before. We had called before and talked about it but nothing was set due to the seas.

I'm working on getting video uploaded to YouTube. With any luck I will have it done tonight.

crpntr133:
Yep, when we dove in November we booked the day before. We had called before and talked about it but nothing was set due to the seas.

I'm working on getting video uploaded to YouTube. With any luck I will have it done tonight.

I look forward to your trip video.. When will you film my UW maneuver? It has been for two years since we have seen your video set up... :mooner:

Let me know when you want me to film. I love doing it. Forewarning that the next month is pretty booked. Middle of October will be my next open weekend.

The video rig has morphed. It now has lights! :D Speaking of video rigs,,where did yours disappear to?

Back
Top Bottom