Port Sanilac Trip Report, 8/11-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK guys here is the video. Due to limitations with YouTube I had to make it two seperate videos. Also, this isn't the entire video.

Hey Wally,
Thanks for sharing…

It seems that vis. was worse than what I expected. Is it because of your video light or low visibility?

I think part of it is that I left the red filter on. So that cut down on light plus viz wasn't great but was decent. Being at 114' there isn't much light anyway.
Notice that the camera has a bit of trouble focusing on things some distance away. It is because of the particulate. I figured this out at Joe's a couple weeks before when viz totally sucked.

So, basically, it was in Auto mode, not in a manual mode...

Yep, no manual white balance or focus via LANC. Full auto and shoot away.

OK... I can see that..

Anyway, it was a good job even in Auto mode....

I just viewed the video via my above link and WOW that is a lot darker. Don't know what happened. With any luck I will have my good editing program up and running soon.

Would diving twin tanks be any issue for this trip and boat?

No. We had 12 divers on the boat and I think 6 of them were diving doubles.

And 12 is not a lot for this outfit. The boat is so wide that you never notice it. 10 would be great but 12 is doable.

Back
Top Bottom