Galapagos - flight from Guayaquil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

I’m having some issues booking flights from Guayaquil to Galapagos. I’ve tried three different methods as follows:

1. Online . The Avianca online flight booking system crashes on me before the end of the booking process. The system crashes after credit card details have been entered so I’m reluctant to keep trying the Avianca online booking system.

2. Bank credit card concierge service. My bank credit card has a concierge service for points redemption so I tried to have them book my flight. It turns out that they used the Avianca online flight booking system and faced the same Avianca system issue that I did.

3. Travel agent. I’ve asked my travel agent to book the flight for me. Their flight booking system allows them to book the flight, however they tell me that their flight booking system doesn’t give them the option of including sports equipment bags in the flight booking.

Does anyone have suggestions for an alternative booking method?

Thanks

Last October I book the flights to Galapagos through United Airlines (as Avianca & United are partners in Star Alliance). May be Avianca is having a temporary online problem.

Last October I book the flights to Galapagos through United Airlines (as Avianca & United are partners in Star Alliance). May be Avianca is having a temporary online problem.
The United website does not show any GYE-SCY flights. I presume that the Galapagos destinations on United are only available if your flight originates from the US.

I’m not sure what the issue with the Avianca website is. Thankfully there’s the alternative of LATAM.

The United website does not show any GYE-SCY flights. I presume that the Galapagos destinations on United are only available if your flight originates from the US.

I’m not sure what the issue with the Avianca website is. Thankfully there’s the alternative of LATAM.

Yes. I booked roundtrip flights from Houston to Galapagos through United Airlines. United flights were for the international segment (Houston to Quito). Avianca flights were for the domestic segment, Quito-Guayaquil-San Cristobal.

Back
Top Bottom