Gear Colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strapworks has heavyweight 2" webbing in both Pacific blue and Royal blue, but it looks like they don't have a good greeen in the softer nylon for a crotch strap - you might try your local fabric store for that.

Jackie

Our shop carries all kinds of colors of webbing (yes even hot pink) I am not sure where we get it but its out there. We get all kinds of wild neoprene too (owner makes wet and drysuits) Some of the hoods our people wear while not DIR (horns, eyelashes etc.) definitely help identify buddies underwater. I was suprised when i saw this thread in DIR, I didn't realize DIR people had a sense of humor!! Now that was just a joke people.

As long as there are no Rule 6 violations ( always look good), you can wear any color you want.

Soggy:
What you mean is, "Vadim wears pink underwear" :D

haha.. actually I think I have seen Geaorge Irvine's picture somewhere with pink hose protectors on his rig... there goes rule 6.

Mo2vation:
For the Harness, be sure its stiff-stuff... not the seatbelt type webbing. Use that soft stuff for the crotch strap - not the shoulder straps.
Ken

Be sure it's the stiff-stuff...if you are a masochist and love being uncomfortable! :eyebrow:

If not, try somthing like this:

http://www.deepseasupply.com/page12.html

Cheers!

BJD

Schwim:
I'm choosing a drysuit and will probably throw in some color (other than black) just cause I like the color. fun.

Color isn't as important as fit. Note the tucked position of Mo2vation on his "DIR boat entry" from the second deck in his avatar. There is no way you'll be able to pull your knees up like that in a tight fitting dry suit.

Now in that particular entry is it dir for the head or fins to contact the surface first?

Hank49:
Color isn't as important as fit. Note the tucked position of Mo2vation on his "DIR boat entry" from the second deck in his avatar. There is no way you'll be able to pull your knees up like that in a tight fitting dry suit.

Black, non-split fins. Black, peoperly fitting exposure suit. Tank a dull gray.

My flying bridge pike entry needs some work. I've perfected it these days - ankles together, knees tucked a little tighter, virtually no splash.

And my mask doesn't wind up on my ear anymore! :wink:

---
Ken

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom