Gear Colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charlie99:
Color does help in identifying who is who underwater.

I'm definitely not DIR as far as glove color :banana:

Not at any appreciable depth it doesn't, unless you shine a light on the gear.
A better way is your initials, or whatever, on the side of your tank.
Of course, 'tis better to not be identifiable if you are not picture perfect with your
skills. :eyebrow:

Green_Manelishi:
Not at any appreciable depth it doesn't, unless you shine a light on the gear.
A better way is your initials, or whatever, on the side of your tank.
Of course, 'tis better to not be identifiable if you are not picture perfect with your

The side of your tank is usually wrapped in your wing...

I'd prefer everybody putting his name on his hood on the forehead. And on the end of the fins as well

The way see It, Black does not fade into some 1980's Pastel / Neon Puke Color

Green_Manelishi:
...Of course, 'tis better to not be identifiable if you are not picture perfect with your

Instructor's needs to keep track of a pod of flailing students aside, you can always, you know - enter the water with your buddy, stay close to your buddy throughout the dive and even come out with your buddy.

No wacky colors required. No ID tags, colored tape, paint markers, baby monitors or whatever.

Just a thought. :wink:

Marking gear to help ID your stuff from a pile of black neoprene, sure. Marking gear to ID your buddy UW, I don't get it.

---
Ken

BigJetDriver69:
Be sure it's the stiff-stuff...if you are a masochist and love being uncomfortable! :eyebrow:

If not, try somthing like this:

http://www.deepseasupply.com/page12.html

Cheers!

BJD

You know ... I love Tobin's gear. But that harness is decidedly not DIR. And this IS the DIR forum. And, FWIW, that harness is no more comfortable than a standard one-piece harness. I speak from experience ... I've dived them both.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm all in black (blue dry gloves). A friend of mine mentioned that he got some colour trim on his TLS because it shows up better in camera than straight black.

Poorly skilled recreational divers should be encouraged to wear bright colours so that we can see them from afar and steer clear! :wink:

Mo2vation:
Marking gear to ID your buddy UW, I don't get it.

You've obviously never attended a meeting with more than 10 DIR divers where everybody went diving and you constantly see other teams underwater. ";-)
Of course I still know who my team members are, but it's nice to know who's who in the other teams

I can not believe this is really an issue...... DIR colours.....PSHHT

The Equipment needs to serve its purpose, fit/configured correctly for its use. Does it really matter what colour it is? (is the red car better than the blue one?) It is through elitarism that DIR is getting a bad name, that we are 'arrogant' and see the non-DIR trained as lesser and now colur is added to this? Pls lets grow up and see where we fit in the grand scheme of things. Just differently trained. Take from DIR what you feel comfortable with, what makes sense. Don't worry about trivial things like colour....... 'looking good' is VERY relative. I much rather be safe in colour than 'bend' in black........

just wanted to get that out. I expect some slamming on this, but that will probably come from individuals perpetuating the DIR bad name....

I just picked up my new drysuit ... a DUI CLX450. It's got large blue panels across the top of the torso, shoulders, and arms. They should clash nicely with my red webbing. Add the white "Just Keep Swimming" written on the bottom of my fins and that makes me not just identifiable, but downright patriotic ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom