Gear storage suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DXHI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for ideas on how to organize / store and care for gear after diving .. would like to scrounge ideas from users..
goal is to keep everything on one side of house / room and organized.. looking to store 6 tanks ; 4 wet suits.. 2 pairs of fins..

Pics of your set up appreciated

No photos on me Im afraid. But I have a space under the stairs that holds 2 plastic boxes a full kit in each and 2 bags that hold odds and sods. small hook hand the wetsuits on their hangers. Means all we need to do is grab which ever set is needed and the corresponding bag and wet suit. Can be ready to dive in seconds

For my garage, I built two 4x4s as a rack with hooks, the pole that connects the towers is a piece of my old snow roof rake. That and a set of metal shelves, takes care of it all.

Attachments

• Rackgear2.png
    Rackgear2.png
    534.3 KB · Views: 100
Looking for ideas on how to organize / store and care for gear after diving .. would like to scrounge ideas from users..
goal is to keep everything on one side of house / room and organized.. looking to store 6 tanks ; 4 wet suits.. 2 pairs of fins..

Pics of your set up appreciated

I started as another post says with the space under the basement stairs - which worked fine with two sets of gear - now that my two boys are also certified - which incurred having extra tanks and extra spares as well, When I enclosed my HVAC and water heater area as part of basement finishing I added extra space for dive gear... it's still not enough... So not much help from me, but I'll be watching this thread for ideas as well! But racks for hanging and large totes for storage as well as when diving local have worked well.

A friend my mine loves Army surplus footlockers (the ones that have the removable top tray) for this.

I use a combination of an old chest of drawers and plastic milk crates for my stuff. The milk crates work especially well for me since I do a lot of local diving, and the milk crates can serve double duty.

rx7diver

I generally avoid the garage. Large swings in temperature. Exposure to hydrocarbon fumes and any other chemicals I store out there. Car exhaust. In my case, also very dusty as well. My home office is a spare bedroom. Dive gear takes half of it. Just not very organized at the moment. New house being built will have a dedicated "toy box" room. In the house, just off the garage. To hold the dive and motorcycle gear. Climate controlled, ventilated, no sunshine.

I generally avoid the garage. Large swings in temperature. Exposure to hydrocarbon fumes and any other chemicals I store out there. Car exhaust. In my case, also very dusty as well. My home office is a spare bedroom. Dive gear takes half of it. Just not very organized at the moment. New house being built will have a dedicated "toy box" room. In the house, just off the garage. To hold the dive and motorcycle gear. Climate controlled, ventilated, no sunshine.

Thats what I have. It is about 8' wide by maybe 16' long "Scuba Locker" right off my garage. The room is environmentally controlled and has a small counter and cabinets at one end so that I can charge stuff, rebuild regs, etc.. I also have a 12 tank rack that I have built in there.

I have a shed. :rofl3: Even when I had just a corner of a garage I used the metal wire racks (shelves) as they make it easy to hang wet gear over a bucket to collect drips.

Attachments

• 20220325_180504.jpg
    20220325_180504.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 110

Back
Top Bottom