GEO 2.0 user settings help!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can switch from Air to Nitrox with the Geo.
Yes, but I don't think you can switch back to air from Nitrox mode. I'm not 100% sure about the Geo, but on many computers if you do a dive on EAN32 (for example) and then want to do an air dive you have to set it to EAN21. I don't understand the difference between "Air" and "EAN21" except for when divers aren't Nitrox certified and may not know the difference.

I would still set to 21% anyways because then it shows MOD's.
MOD of air is 187ft.....I don't think it really helps much to show it :wink:

Don't tell Gilliam and Odom :wink:....

Hahaha, I meant for a PO2 of 1.4 and from strictly a high-PO2 perspective. I know air depths have been pushed to WELL over double that theoretical MOD. My point was, Rec divers have a LOT more to worry about than a computer's calculated MOD for air if they're nearing 190fsw.

Yes, but I don't think you can switch back to air from Nitrox mode. I'm not 100% sure about the Geo, but on many computers if you do a dive on EAN32 (for example) and then want to do an air dive you have to set it to EAN21. I don't understand the difference between "Air" and "EAN21" except for when divers aren't Nitrox certified and may not know the difference.

If you say so. FWIW that's not me. But it happens.....

FB_IMG_1435334021147.jpg

I leave my Suunto computers in nitrox mode and then just change the % to/from 21, depending if I am diving air or nitrox. It's easier.

Check your computer setting - 202 is for 1.5 PO2 range not 1.4 PO2.

Thats not my computer. See Text "FWIW it's not me" ?
I always calculate MOD and would never own a Suunto. :wink: <flame on>

This pic was taken off another social media forum where tough guys were barking about how deep they dive while ignoring OXTox warnings.
The point I was trying to prove: even when diving air; know your MOD.

This part I like....a man of my own heart! :wink:

This pic was taken off another social media forum where tough guys were barking about how deep they dive while ignoring OXTox warnings.
A 200ft dive on air done by people that don't know off-hand that air's MOD is 187ft is stupid for reason FAR beyond oxtox warnings. My point was Air's MOD is well beyond rec-ranges, and people breaking the rules that aggressively aren't going to follow all of the other recommendations their computers/agencies give them.

---------- Post added June 26th, 2015 at 01:58 PM ----------

I leave my Suunto computers in nitrox mode and then just change the % to/from 21, depending if I am diving air or nitrox. It's easier.

I think you misunderstood. AUP computers (Hollis/Oceanic/Aeris) don't have a "nitrox mode." They have a nitrox indicator light for non-"Air" mixes. When selecting breathing gas, the options go: "Air -> 21% -> 22% -> 23% ->.....etc. When you select nitrox, do a dive, and go to change your gas mix....it omits "Air" and starts with "21%." Not really a "Nitrox vs Air" mode thing. I suspect the only reason "Air" and "21%" are identified differently is for non-Nitrox-certified (or poorly certified Nitrox) divers.

Ok - I am confused. It looked like you were showing a photo contradicting Victor's point and his 1.4 PO2 MOD...

That said MOD in most discussions is for Nitrox not air - as most of us know air is not toxic past 187 feet but add O2 to the mix and you would want to become aware of what you are doing... Not sure what the tough guys were doing other than beating their chests.... But I would not say they were in mortal danger of oxtox... :D

OP: As usual we are getting off topic but good conversation either way. I'm very familiar with my Geo and feel to ask away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom