GEO 2.0 user settings help!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All,
Just thought of a couple more questions. I know there are two algorithms. DSAT or Pelagic Z+. I believe DSAT is the more liberal of the two. Which of these would be closest to my Father's Suunto zoop and how close? Secondly, what's the difference between having CF (I believe is conservative factor) on or off and I had thought you can adjust the factor as well but im unable to do that. It just states on or off.

I apologize everyone. I just realized something. The "manual" that came in my box states "Safety and Reference Manual" and has only half the pages the one I found online contains. That's odd...reading the manual online is clearing many things up.

..... So before I go and purchase the online class thing from oceanic, ....!
If you register your Geo 2 with Oceanic the online class will be free.

.... I will be taking my nitrox course in 2 weeks so this is all new to me but I do understand the concept behind nitrox diving.
You might want to take a look at our Introduction to Nitrox class

If you register your Geo 2 with Oceanic the online class will be free.

You might want to take a look at our Introduction to Nitrox class

I tried registering it yesterday but their website wasn't really user friendly. I made an account and then they kept asking for a "code" if I did not want to pay for the class. I looked my box over and could not find a "code" with the same amount of numbers they need entered.

I tried registering it yesterday but their website wasn't really user friendly. I made an account and then they kept asking for a "code" if I did not want to pay for the class. I looked my box over and could not find a "code" with the same amount of numbers they need entered.
You need to get the activation code from Oceanic. See this post

Conservative Factor is On - Off.
Reduces NDL's to next higher 3,000 ft altitude.

All,
Just thought of a couple more questions. I know there are two algorithms. DSAT or Pelagic Z+. I believe DSAT is the more liberal of the two. Which of these would be closest to my Father's Suunto zoop and how close? Secondly, what's the difference between having CF (I believe is conservative factor) on or off and I had thought you can adjust the factor as well but im unable to do that. It just states on or off.

DSAT is more liberal, Pelagic Z+ is a little more conservative. If you break NDLs, PZ+ is more forgiving and DSAT will ravage you by adding obscene amounts of time. I highly recommend Pelagic Z+...it's based on Buhlmann which is my favorite algorithm.

As for matching algorithms: Don't even worry about it. Run whatever you like, let him use whatever he likes. Make the decisions for yourselves....and then just follow the most conservative profile.

Something to note about your Nitrox setting on the Geo 2, when the 24 hr to fly timer hits zero the gas settings reset to Air. So, for example, if you are diving 32% all week and decide to take a day off mid-week the gas setting will reset to Air by your next dive. Not to say that double checking your computer settings before each dive isn't a good practice that would catch this.

Cheers,

Jim

Something to note about your Nitrox setting on the Geo 2, when the 24 hr to fly timer hits zero the gas settings reset to Air. So, for example, if you are diving 32% all week and decide to take a day off mid-week the gas setting will reset to Air by your next dive. Not to say that double checking your computer settings before each dive isn't a good practice that would catch this.

Cheers,

Jim

Correct: Easy to tell because the NX icon will no longer be illuminated while in surface mode.

Back
Top Bottom