Geocaching/scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClayJar:
Actually, as a scubacacher myself (oh, if only I lived nearer the water), I have a scubacache list that I maintain (I'm actually about to run today's update).

If you decide to do The Deep Dam Cache near Bristol, TN, *do* let me know ahead of time so I can drive up there. I've already done that one, but there's a second one cudlecub's placed nearby that I haven't done. (Actually, if you do *any* of them within driving distance of you, let me know ahead of time if you'll accept a Baton Rouge scubacaching buddy... you're only, what, 10 hours from me?)

Note: The scubacache list is now up to date (as of 2006-11-09).

Thanks for the great list. A few more within driving distance for me to try next summer, and the list will serve me well when planning trips. Quick question: the map doesn't show, and I'm not sure how to pull it up. Suggestions?

Fouremco:
Quick question: the map doesn't show, and I'm not sure how to pull it up. Suggestions?
Not sure. It's a bare bones Google Maps integration. I imagine it probably needs javascript on, but beyond that, I'm not really sure. (Do other Google-based maps work for you?)

I used to cache a fair amount but haven't done it in a long time. Too many rules these days but my favorite cache ever was off Maui in about 35 feet of water buried under a sunken outrigger canoe.

It's been washed away.

I've been geocaching for a couple years with my wife and son. We have a blast - get to see some scenic places you wouldn't see othrwise. Being newly certified I'm trying to combine scuba and geocaching. I actually did my checkout dives at Hathaway pond in Barnstable, MA. I was all around that sunken boat and didn't know there was a geocache at the time.

ckjacques53198:
I actually did my checkout dives at Hathaway pond in Barnstable, MA. I was all around that sunken boat and didn't know there was a geocache at the time.

It's on the starboard side stuck in a hole on the hull. The letters are kind of hard to read now.

ClayJar:
Not sure. It's a bare bones Google Maps integration. I imagine it probably needs javascript on, but beyond that, I'm not really sure. (Do other Google-based maps work for you?)

Javascript is enabled, and Google Maps seems to work fine otherwise. Every once in a while I'll find there are Scubaboard postings that have photos that won't show for me, even if most do, so I'm not quite sure what goes on.

Thanks anyway...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom