Gilboa Greet & Meet April 16 - 18, 2004 (new)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538:
I'll be happy if it's snowing....

I'd rather dive in the snow than in the rain....plus if it snows, no one else will be there....I love gilboa when it snows.

Regardless of the weather, I'll be there. Half a day Friday, all day Saturday and half a day Sunday. As long as I have a hot fire and a cold beer, I can survive just fine. Lots of good food will be a plus too, and I'm thinking that we'll have that too. :wink:

Big-t-2538:
I'll be happy if it's snowing....

I'd rather dive in the snow than in the rain....plus if it snows, no one else will be there....I love gilboa when it snows.

When everybody sees the photos, they will think that someone needs to call the mental health wing and have them reserve a wing for the Wrecking Crew. That would be a lousy way to end the weekend! :11:

diverbrian:
When everybody sees the photos, they will think that someone needs to call the mental health wing and have them reserve a wing for the Wrecking Crew. That would be a lousy way to end the weekend! :11:

I disagree! Remember that here in the Great Lakes, a chainsaw is considered part of the dive kit much of the year! To post a couple photos of a bunch of us kitted up and ready to dive, with the snow flying would be really cool. Indeed, a photo like that could find its way onto our NEXT tee shirt!!!!

Big-t-2538:
You forgot about bying the extra 2 days by turning them around too
Dang T you are seriously twisted, get to the doctor and have him write you a pescription for diving man. You will need at least two before you can call anyone in the morning.

Mitten Diver

frankenmuth_tom:
I disagree! Remember that here in the Great Lakes, a chainsaw is considered part of the dive kit much of the year! To post a couple photos of a bunch of us kitted up and ready to dive, with the snow flying would be really cool. Indeed, a photo like that could find its way onto our NEXT tee shirt!!!!
I know an artist if you want me to get started!!!

Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver:
I know an artist if you want me to get started!!!

Mitten Diver
I know we're just tongue in cheeking it here, but my better half is a fabulous artist! (very good at logos too)!! So, just thought I'd share for future reference. :)

Fri. Apr 16
11.gif
Showers 56°/46° 50 %
Sat Apr 17
11.gif
Showers 59°/48° 50 %

POT LUCK

Is going to be at 2:00 or so on Saturday (call it LUNCH). Rather than bring a soup, Dave and I will provide BRATS, BUNS and Condiments as our 'dish to pass' and there will be no charge.

I may still do a soup and keep it on the edge of the fire for warmups after dives, depending on the weather and how busy I am between now and when we leave for Gilboa.

For those who will participate in the potluck, plan on bringing enough for about 15-20 people.

Pray for dry weather. Nothing screws up a pot luck like getting rain in the bean dip!

If one of you folks has a free standing pavilion/ awning, you might want to bring it along. Adding that to the roll out awnings on the two trailers we are bringing should provide cover for food and people if we encounter a rainy afternoon.

Thanks for participating!

Mitten Diver:
Dang T you are seriously twisted, get to the doctor and have him write you a pescription for diving

Well, one - yes...twisted isn;t the best word to describe it though.

two - No doc wants me in their office....remember I'm an engineer...thus when the nurse walks out for more than 5 seconds, I start taking things apart. In walks the doc and I have 37 pieces of 8 differnt things put together to create 1 big mega medical structure (not device...just a structure)....

Must get some nitrogen loading soon.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom