Gilboa Greet & Meet April 16 - 18, 2004 (new)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is something to add. I have six 80 cubic foot aluminum tanks for use if someone needs/wants air. All that I ask is that someone with a truck take them down if they will be useful because my car will be packed full already.

The dive shop in Flint is taking some people to Gilboa the same weekend as our meet and greet to have some people do there open waters for there search and rescue class.

gtxl1200:
The dive shop in Flint is taking some people to Gilboa the same weekend as our meet and greet to have some people do there open waters for there search and rescue class.

Hey Ted,

Don't you mean Stress and Rescue class? I have never heard of a search and rescue class that isn't intended for Public Safety Divers. I didn't think that the Dive Shop did that training.

Just upped the forcast!!! Here's to hoping! :)

Thu
Apr 15 Mostly Sunny 60°/47° 10 %
Fri
Apr 16 AM Clouds / PM Sun 80°/53° 20 %
Sat
Apr 17 AM Clouds / PM Sun 79°/55° 20 %
Sun
Apr 18 AM Clouds / PM Sun 74°/53° 10 %

diverbrian:
Hey Ted,

Don't you mean Stress and Rescue class? I have never heard of a search and rescue class that isn't intended for Public Safety Divers. I didn't think that the Dive Shop did that training.

Hey it was late My bad. You are correct.

AmyJ:
Just upped the forcast!!! Here's to hoping! :)

Thu
Apr 15 Mostly Sunny 60°/47° 10 %
Fri
Apr 16 AM Clouds / PM Sun 80°/53° 20 %
Sat
Apr 17 AM Clouds / PM Sun 79°/55° 20 %
Sun
Apr 18 AM Clouds / PM Sun 74°/53° 10 %

Or did you just make it up??

gtxl1200:
Or did you just make it up??

Current forecast for the weekend is:

Friday Cloudy 75/46 20%
Saturday Few Showers 63/51 30%
Sunday Partly Cloudy 70/51 10%

All in all, it's looking like pretty good weather. I also noticed that water temp is up a bit from when we did our dives in January. About 45 degrees at the surface!

From my end, the sign is finished, the trailer is clean on the outside and nearly ready to go. Sam at the Black Forest says that the Maple Porter WILL be ready and I'll pick up a "corny keg" on Thursday night (and some special cigars too I think). I have the goods from Bob3. Smurf Gloves and Viking ring system with gloves. My tanks are full and waiting, but I'm still hoping to have my pony rig ready by Thursday.

Things are coming together....

frankenmuth_tom:
Current forecast for the weekend is:

Friday Cloudy 75/46 20%
Saturday Few Showers 63/51 30%
Sunday Partly Cloudy 70/51 10%

All in all, it's looking like pretty good weather. I also noticed that water temp is up a bit from when we did our dives in January. About 45 degrees at the surface!

From my end, the sign is finished, the trailer is clean on the outside and nearly ready to go. Sam at the Black Forest says that the Maple Porter WILL be ready and I'll pick up a "corny keg" on Thursday night (and some special cigars too I think). I have the goods from Bob3. Smurf Gloves and Viking ring system with gloves. My tanks are full and waiting, but I'm still hoping to have my pony rig ready by Thursday.

Things are coming together....

Everything looks good to me.....

If you need help with the Pony rig, let me know what you need, I have a good buddy in the "home brew" business and he has lots of things that are "spares" I could borrow for a weekend.

Beer good.

Hmmm...what should I bring to the party...anything we don't have that we need?

-T

gtxl1200:
Hey it was late My bad. You are correct.

I imagine that there will be all kinds of other courses going on around us as well.

And yep, everything is coming together nicely.

Big-t-2538:
Everything looks good to me.....

If you need help with the Pony rig, let me know what you need, I have a good buddy in the "home brew" business and he has lots of things that are "spares" I could borrow for a weekend.

Beer good.

Hmmm...what should I bring to the party...anything we don't have that we need?

-T

It's no big deal really. My AL30 that I want to rig for a pony is in being Hydro'ed and probably won't be back for diving on the weekend. The folks at the LDS in Flint weren't all that 'up front' about how long it takes to get this stuff done. Had I known that the tank was going to sit there for 10 days before the vendor picked it up to test, I would have taken it in to a place here in Saginaw and had it tested, for the same money, and in about two days (live and learn). My new/old Conshelf 22 regs for the pony will be ready this week, but the tank probably won't be back.... I'll put my LPO back on my rig and dive my AL-80's. I just wanted time in the quarry to work on trim and balance and try carrying the rig a couple different ways to see what works best. I have a rig to hang it on the side of my tank, but my elect to sling it from a D ring on my harness instead. Will probably have to make a drive to Higgins Lake and make a couple dives and try it there.

Yeah, sounds like lots of good food and beer that this thing on Saturday.

EVERYONE BRING A CHAIR! I'll throw in a couple extra's just in case folks forget.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom