Gilboa Greet & Meet April 16 - 18, 2004 (new)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankenmuth_tom:
POT LUCK

Is going to be at 2:00 or so on Saturday (call it LUNCH). Rather than bring a soup, Dave and I will provide BRATS, BUNS and Condiments as our 'dish to pass' and there will be no charge.

I may still do a soup and keep it on the edge of the fire for warmups after dives, depending on the weather and how busy I am between now and when we leave for Gilboa.

For those who will participate in the potluck, plan on bringing enough for about 15-20 people.

Pray for dry weather. Nothing screws up a pot luck like getting rain in the bean dip!

If one of you folks has a free standing pavilion/ awning, you might want to bring it along. Adding that to the roll out awnings on the two trailers we are bringing should provide cover for food and people if we encounter a rainy afternoon.

Thanks for participating!

Thank you Tom and Dave I will now update the list again for you two.

Ok the original wouldn't let me edit it no more so I had to add this to the end of the thread. This is the latest updated list as of 4-08-04 3:30 pm EDST

gtxl1200:
This is a thread on what people are bringing here is my list this might help to figure out who is bringing what so we can find out what we still need.
gtxl1200
1. Dive Gear Lots of it. I will have some extra stuff for people to use in case you need it.
2. 26ft 5th wheel with full slide out lots of room for those who might need it bring your own sleeping bag and pillow
3.Fire Wood
4. Name Tags
5. 30 cup coffe pot
6. Small generator for power and recharge camper batteries if you bring a camper.
7. A dish or two to pass on Saturday night. Probably Baked Beans.
8. Various types of Soda pop and water.
9. I will be there early Friday the 16th.

I know Frankenmuth_tom is bringing
1.5th wheel
1. Lots of dive gear plus some items for sale
3. Beer, He will be taking donations for that
4. Some food, possibly chili or a stew of some kind
5. Brats and buns sharing with dave
6. welcome to GLWC meet and greet sign
7. Will also be there early Friday
DiverBrian
1. Crock pot
2. What ever else he can squeeze into his mustang
3. GLWC Shirts and Hats
3. Will also be there early Friday.
cldwaterdvr
1. Brats and Buns sharing with Tom
2. Will also be there early Friday
amyj
doughnuts and some other food
volunteered to help out with some of the cooking.
Lisa4516
1. Dessert and maybe an appetizer.
2. Paper Plates,Napkins, and plasticware.
Berrabbit
Veggie Trays.
snuggle
1. Tim Hortons Coffee
2. Salad
Mitten Diver
1. Tex Mix and Chips
2. Ice
Tiny_bubbles
1. Potatoe Salad.
2. Free standing awning.

Take a look and see what still is needed. Or if I missed your items somewhere

OK I have a descent size refrigerator in my 5th wheel I can keep items that need to be kept cold in there such as meat items and berrabbits veggie trays.

So it looks like we have a lot of it covered. for those of you that I missed your post on what your bringing please post it here and for those of you that hasnt posted yet please do it here or give me a PM.so we can get an idea of what we are getting and still need.
I also saw in another thread about children I dont have a problem with children coming as I dont think most people do. I do know that there isnt much for non diving people and children to do at Gilboa. so you make the call.

Local Forecast for Findlay, OH

Fri. Apr 16
39.gif
Scattered Showers 59°/38° 50 %
Sat Apr 17
11.gif
Showers 60°/44° 40 %
Sun Apr 18
30.gif
Partly Cloudy 60°/48° 30 %

Everyone stop changing their underwear!

-TIny-B.

Room for one more? Not sure if I will be diving, waiting for drysuit to return from repair, but will be down Sat. for sure. Trying to talk a couple others to join me. I will bring a dish to pass. Anything else I can bring?

wrecNcaver:
Room for one more? Not sure if I will be diving, waiting for drysuit to return from repair, but will be down Sat. for sure. Trying to talk a couple others to join me. I will bring a dish to pass. Anything else I can bring?

Always room for one or two more! Bring something for the potluck at 2:00-2:30 on Saturday and maybe some paperplates or forks or something and we'll make sure you get fed.

I just finished the signs, here's how you will find us....

frankenmuth_tom:
Always room for one or two more! Bring something for the potluck at 2:00-2:30 on Saturday and maybe some paperplates or forks or something and we'll make sure you get fed.

I just finished the signs, here's how you will find us....

Those signs are great, I wish I could make it.

Back
Top Bottom