Girlfriend doesn’t dive vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Club Med Turks and Caicos. Lots for your girlfriend to do while you are diving. My non-diver wife loved it.

I have done it with my wife for more than a quarter century. We have done it in lots of places all around the world, even on Liveaboards. My wife is an avid snorkeler, so the key was to make sure there was adequate snorkeling in the area. On our first liveaboard trip together (GBR), she had more time in the water than I did.

Grenada

Reactions: Doc
Bayahibe on the south Caribbean Sea side of the Dominican, we are returning for our 5th visit in April. I have been diving for about 25 years and my wife doesn't dive either but snorkels. It depends on what your girlfriend likes to do. My wife went on Blackbeard's live aboard with me and had a great time.

What does she like? Is she adventurous/outdoorsy? Will she want to shop/hit the town? Does she like to lounge around for a week and read/drink lounge by the beach or pool and never leave the all inclusive resort?

All of these can mean different destinations would be a better fit. Hell I met a couple where the wife loved just lounging around on a boat for a week reading and having a few drinks and socializing with her husband and the divers. She'd occasionally snorkel if she felt like it. They did scuba liveaboards together. Wouldn't work if her primary vacation desire was to hit the town.

You going on a dive trip or a trip with your girlfriend ? They are different.

Reactions: Doc
Ask her where she would like to go for vacation FIRST.
You then come back and ask for suggestion.
BTW, who is going to pay for it and for how many days?

This thread is sounding like a relationship advice Redditt.

Leave $300 in cash in the kitchen and all the delivery menus. Most of them will get through it just fine.

IMG_0449.jpeg

Next time, choose more wisely.

This thread is sounding like a relationship advice Redditt.

Leave $300 in cash in the kitchen and all the delivery menus. Most of them will get through it just fine.

View attachment 823963

Next time, choose more wisely.

I'm in the same boat, (or house), as the OP; looking for recommendations because my wife doesn't dive.

We're comfortable spending a couple months apart each year, we've been doing it for literally years. We already know that I'm going on "diving vacations" without her, where I'll dive four or five times a day. To that end, I'm looking at going back to Roatan, or possibly going aboard Blackbeard's out of Nassau.

BUT - to go back to the OP's question - my wife and I are also looking for spots to spend a week or so together where I can dive a couple times in the morning while she occupies herself, and then we can spend afternoons/evenings together. For that, I'm looking for "resort-like" conditions with access to a local diving shop/boat.

In my case, I'm looking at Florida, but following this thread and passing thoughts along to my wife.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom