Good on-line shops to purchase a Dry-suit from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well it doent really matter who you get it from its brand i would be looking at and they type of diving you are duing i personaly like whites they are almost indrestructable but not very stream line if youare cave diving and want stream line look in to dui

One thing I would advise, regardless of brand. Make sure the suit you get has the dump valve in the proper place. If you like cuff dumps (which I abhore), don't worry, but for normal shoulder dumps, make sure it is placed properly on the OUTSIDE of your arm (like where a traditional tattoo goes). Some of these idiotic suit manufacturers (some of the Whites suits, to name one) have started putting the dump valves facing forward for some incomprehensible reason, which forces you to go nearly vertical, or at least have to roll your body significantly to the right, to dump air during an ascent. Proper placement on the outside of your arm means you simply do the chicken wing arm flap and the air leaves as it should, never leaving a properly trim position. These companies are ruining what would be perfectly good drysuits with these inane valve placement decisions...

no suit yet(soon i hope), but i order'd my Bare Trilam from Divetank. i saved almost $600.00 on over 2k worth of gear!! i will let ya know how it all goes once i get the suit in hand.

Divetank has very good prices, however they don't deliver on time in my experience. I initially placed an order for a Bare wetsuit with Richard via telephone. He promised to have it by Tuesday morning since the Bare factory was only 20 minutes from his store and that they receive deliveries daily from them. Well, they weren't able to get it as promised so I gave Scubatoys a call and they had the size i needed. The 10% Scubaboard discount is real nice and I had the suit on my front porch 3 days later. Another vote for Scubatoys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seaskin.com

i recently ordered a suit from seaskin.com and it arrived yesterday. i am VERY happy with the fit and quality of the suit. they only do custom fit suits and have a whole list of options to chose from. they are in england. a mjority of divers in the uk wear dry suits so they have a clue about what they are doing.

i ordered a trilam suit with a cordura exterior, 2 bellows pockets, hd rubber boots, warm neck, relief zipper, cover for the front entry zipper, some spare seals. it also came with the lp inflator hose, talc and bees wax. they said it would take 5 weeks to build the suit and it arrived 5 weeks to the day from my order. and it was a custom suit so you have to send all kinds of measurements.

the suit was $700.
options $270
shipping $120
total $1090

they sent it fedex priority. it shipped from england wensday and was here thursday.

Russ

Oh Jeez, I don't even want to get into this again, but will let the following hijack serve as my most recent opinion...

Divetank is OK, but I couldn't get the Pinnacle. Now I'm having to work out a substitute. How do you rate the BARE Trilam vs. the TLS 350???

The above hijack is a work in progress.

R

Randolphscott:
Oh Jeez, I don't even want to get into this again, but will let the following hijack serve as my most recent opinion...

Divetank is OK, but I couldn't get the Pinnacle. Now I'm having to work out a substitute. How do you rate the BARE Trilam vs. the TLS 350???

The above hijack is a work in progress.

R
They're both excellent suits. It comes down to how much money you have, what your personal feelings are on the respective brands... and how much you want the option of zip seals.

Factory service options can also be a consideration. A DUI suit goes to San Diego for service. A Bare suit goes across the border to Canada. At times, the manufacturer's backlog make more difference than the shipping distance. But not always. (And of course, Canadians will have a very different take on that equation!)

Back
Top Bottom