good pony reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't people use Apeks regs for pony's as a really high end solution? Doesn't this same "issue" still exist with those regs? Makes me wonder if it's a real issue... can you confirm? (serious question)

Are the $60 regs still available? Got link?

confirm?

I have a couple of the $60 regs and I think they are a great value. This picture (not mine) show what I'm talking about. On a 19cf tank like I have the hose sticks out quite a bit and bends at a weird angle. If you're slinging something like an 80 it probably would not be a problem.

pony_003.jpg

I'm not going to say the setup won't work, but if the hose routed straight down everything would be cleaner.

I think the regs are still available. Grab some and I guarantee you'll find uses for them.

Rich

edit: evad took the picture out of his SB gallery. You can see the bend if you look at the earlier pics in this thread, but it's not as clear as in the now missing picture.

confirm?
edit: evad took the picture out of his SB gallery. You can see the bend if you look at the earlier pics in this thread, but it's not as clear as in the now missing picture.

Sorry, but I realized you could see my soon to be gut-renoed apt. with original pink walls and yellow bathroom with blue stars on the ceiling. I think hippies or crack heads or crackpots used to live there. There's also a 7' cross from "The Chinese Church of Nazarene" that I need to throw out. The quilt was made by my grandmother. That's mine. Anyone with a Chinese church in need of a cross, let me know.

I've use a Salvo SRS - SR2 combo. It works so well I'm actually going to get another second stage and a long hose to use as a singles setup.

YMMV :)

I found that an old Sherwood Brut that I picked up second hand and rebuilt works fine. You just have to swivle the first stage at the yoke so the hose of the second stage is pointing the direction you want before you open the cylinder valve, no kinks in my rig. The pony hangs valve down and the second snakes up the side of the cylinder under my right arm. I also use one of those button pressure gages so I don't have any extra hoses coming off the rig.

Im looking for a reg for my pony bottle. I want the peace of mind knowing that its gonna work if I need it.

Ponies have powerful jaws and can easily crush a plastic regulator, I think you'll find a bridle works much better.

Just out of curiosity did PADI certified your pony?

Back
Top Bottom