GoPro HD underwater blur fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If interested check out the thread posted by blurryfix, type gopro in the search and you'll find it, I don't want to hijack this guys post. Thanks.

Hey good news for all of you looking for a high quality fix for Go Pro. Our company plans on hitting the market with an anodized aluminum bolt on with high quality optic glass, and functions with the original lens and case. The product will be available late May early June. I was hoping to get some feedback on this topic and get an idea of how many to manufacture. I will post photos and more on where to purchase soon. For now, all I can say is it rocks and we can't wait to get it to you.

Hey good news for all of you looking for a high quality fix for Go Pro. Our company plans on hitting the market with an anodized aluminum bolt on with high quality optic glass, and functions with the original lens and case. The product will be available late May early June. I was hoping to get some feedback on this topic and get an idea of how many to manufacture. I will post photos and more on where to purchase soon. For now, all I can say is it rocks and we can't wait to get it to you

Last edited:
blurryfix, what sort of time are you looking at before release? Ive just recently got my second gopro and I am in the market for getting a fixed housing for it, I have one of the eyeofmine housings which I think is pretty good as it works with all modes perfectly except slight vignette on r4 and photo mode. Plastic lens and slight vignette on photomode are the biggest drawback of their current fix.

Id like to see some pictures of what you have and a rough price even if its just a current prototype to get an idea of what your working on if at all possible, im very close to ordering a second housing from Eyeofmine but will hold of if I like what you are making.

The glass optics sound good as-well as working in all modes with no vignetting as I think I remember you mentioning in another post. Just size weight and price are the main things I would like to know about your solution depth isn't much of a concern as I most likely wont be going below 40m and I'm sure yours will easily go to that level.

If you make a 3d housing then I will take a very serious look at that as I really want one of those and non are currently available that work well in 720p mode and I want more options then just 1080p.

Marty, I will post some pics of the actual product later today. I will also try to show some idea of vignetting, and how it all works. A rough price is $65. But does not include the housing. Thanks

I can also email you details just leave your address.

showgallery.php

Follow the link to see pictures or check out my user profile. We are in the process of manufacturing and will have product available in a few weeks. We are Snake River Prototyping located in Idaho, USA. Keep posted on info about pricing, instructions, specs, and videos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom