GoPro HD underwater blur fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, looks like everything you could ask for, ability to add filters, lens protection, probably no vignetting as wide as it is and is an addon to case or are you selling the case with modifications. I'm willing to be the Guinea pig :)

Would appreciate estimated time of availability as i am leaving for a dive adventure first of July.

We should have them ready for shipping as early as May 29th. We are now accepting pre-orders as first come, first serve.
To pre-order go to Pay Pal, send payment of $65.00 with free shipping and handling in the USA to sales@snakeriverprototyping.com
Outside the USA or if you need more info and instruction on our product email us at info@snakeriverprototyping.com

They will be sold as an add on without the housing for those who don't need to purchase a new housing.
We hope to sell a package with the gopro housing in the near future.
The testing of our product has been successful at 160'+. The only limiting factor is our pressure vessel.
The vignetting is present
and we will have videos to show how much, and in what modes soon (0 vignetting in R5).
The Kit will include;
*The Snake River Prototyping adapter
*Clear filter
*Enough reusable desiccant balls to last
*Spare O-ring in case you loose the first one
*Silicone. Applied only the first time or if reinstalled (small amount between the adapter and the housing)
*This will not compromise the original seal while using the original lens
*Ability to use different colored filters or none at all
*And the simple instructions, it's all the components necessary so you'll be ready to go.

see it here
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=186985

Last edited:
International orders are no problem we just cant offer free shipping. The videos are coming soon, we have been overwhelmed with work and focusing on manufacturing. I know it's difficult to purchase without knowing what level of vignetting you'll be getting, and I apologise. We are working on getting our web site up and should have video available soon. If you are interested in the shipping cost send us an Email letting us know what info you need and where your from at info@snakeriverprototyping.com

Thanks,

Snake River Prototyping

Blurryfix, if you remove the original gopro lens from the waterproof housing I think you will only get a slight vignette in photo and 960p.

The waterproof housing does increase the fov and looking at your design the lens itself is a similar size to the eyeofmine that doesn't get vignette in all Modes due to not having the extra lens.

This will mean that your taking away the safety factor but if its possible will give better results.

Marty, We are withholding info on the amount of vignetting due to different filter testing, but I will tell you that we are very happy with recent results with different filters, we are in the process of getting in with a dealer of very high quality filters, offering several color options for a variety underwater conditions. Did I mention that the image topside is also going to be an improvement giving the ability to use polarized, fluorescent, and UV? I think when you see the video you will find no need to sacrifice the original gopro filter or seal! Video of us Machining the parts using the go pro are coming soon and hope to show vignetting, or lack there of. We are also looking into the 3D housing and see many options.

blurryfix, what's the ETA on your add-on? Have you posted yet pictures and films taken using it?

ETA, we will be shipping on the 29th free standard shipping, pics, and video info can be found on my personal page by clicking on blurryfix to the left of this message. P.S. no vignetting in R1,R2,R3,R5, only slight in R4!!!!!! all of this is done using the factory fish eye lens and seal so no worries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom