GoPro HD underwater blur fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know it's too late in the game to get one to you before you leave, but I will check on the package from our end, if it doesn't get to you by the time you get back let us know, we will take care of you. I apologize for this unfortunately we have no control over the mail. Also we want to thank Marty and Ozzydamo for posting and the great video comparison, I too would like to see how the BlurFix does compared to the competition!

I just returned from Cozumel and took my GoPro with the BlurFix lens to 140ft with no issues. Just before I left I had had a leak issue that turned out to be the lens coming loose so I emailed the people at BlurFix and we determined the lens locking ring had come loose and re-tightening it should fix it and it did, 14 dives with no issues. Now if I just had a red snap-on filter.

UPS is better then USPS and DHL is better again, but the price is higher. mine took nearly 3 weeks. Hope the Gypsies haven't knocked off your go pro Adrian!

Marty, what video editor are you using to cut your videos out?

I use adobe cs5 master suite, most of the editing is done in premiere and have been experimenting with after effects and twixtor to frame blend 60p into 30p in some videos lately. Also a little testing with cineform neo trial for colour correction but none of that was in this video.

The comparison video was all premiere pro with no editing to the actual videos themselves just trimmed, transitions and a few sound effects from some free stock sounds site. I added some overlays I made in photoshop and exported that out at a 1080p HDTV 32mbps target 40mbps max VBR 2 pass render so the file is 476mb and only 2:08 in length. All the videos themselves are in native res in the 1080p frame so it gives a better idea and with a bitrate higher then the gopro files there should be no quality loss from the originals.

I know it's too late in the game to get one to you before you leave, but I will check on the package from our end, if it doesn't get to you by the time you get back let us know, we will take care of you. I apologize for this unfortunately we have no control over the mail. Also we want to thank Marty and Ozzydamo for posting and the great video comparison, I too would like to see how the BlurFix does compared to the competition!

Thank you. I'm purchasing stuff online since 1999 and from the hundreds of packages received only one was robbed in Amsterdam on new year's eve (apparently they used convicts to load the plane, and the package had a high value declared). So most likelly it's just late.

UPS is better then USPS and DHL is better again, but the price is higher. mine took nearly 3 weeks. Hope the Gypsies haven't knocked off your go pro Adrian!

What gypsies? Most gypsies we had here flew to UK, France& Italy right after Ceausescu's fall lol.

The viz wasn't flash but here is a cut from my dive vid-
QLD Giant Grouper on BlurFix Go Pro, by ozzydamo. on Vimeo

Nice fish damo, looks a little too deep for the filter but it hasnt made the video too dark and there's still a hint of colour. Id like to see how it looks in some shallower video, from what ive read a colour filter is best 15-30ft beyond that most colours are lost and only external lighting will help much.

Ive got a video a friend of mine took in the barrier reef I put up a while ago with a big fish similar to yours. The intro is a little stupid :dork2: but my friend wanted me to make it funny and all I could think of was to make fun of him. 1 because it was so easy and 2 he deserved it for not listening to me.

He was actually very lucky to not lose the camera as he had it head mounted and I told him to use the chin strap or put it under his hood, he had it under his hood and under his mask which is why he had to take it off before entry the first time. If you see in the video every time the bubbles hit the cam you can see it wobble, thats because its so loose on his head and just shear luck kept it there. That's another reason I decided to take the piss out of him :D This was shot using an eyeofmine housing.

Vimeo version I was testing some software colour correction with cineform Neo 3d trial and twixtored frame blending conversion to 30p, it was all shot in 720p60. Much of the video was slowed to 50% as he couldn't keep his head still either so this didn't work as well as when I've used 100% speed 60p footage. It does blur a little too much when panning but it was my first real try using this method.

[video=vimeo;23359867]http://www.vimeo.com/23359867[/video]

Youtube version was with no colour correction or twixtor so it gives an example of software correction but the vimeo vid it is a little too red at shallow depths.

[video=youtube;ajIgLnwFVjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajIgLnwFVjc[/video]

Ladies (if we have any here :D ) and gentlemen, I have great news: I just managed to perform a small miracle at the post office. Landed there at noon (when it's less crowded), armed with a nice bouquet of flowers, and found the lady in charge with the international packets doing some paperwork, since there was no customer. Pushed the flowers, told her that I had to ask a favor, and explaned that I need her to look in the unprocessed packages arrived since yesterday. Turned out that two of the other 4 ladies assigned to this taks were on hollyday, so it was more like the unprocessed packages arrived since last friday :D.

Well, to cut it short, after some 25 minutes of searching, first in the large pack of papers and then in the deposit, and with 4 customers already lining behind my back, the lady arrived back at the desk with my package :D.

Now, don't expect that the quest was over: I went back to work, opened it, and suddenly realised that no one bothered to tell me what a dumb thing I said a few days earlier:

Looking forward @ receiving mine, hopefully in time for the planned Cyprus trip.

Already managed to scratch the stock lens while spearfishing in Bulgaria a week ago, but footages taken in the Black Sea(higher turbidity) with the stock lens were close to useless anyway.

I never realised that Greg's adapted included no lens, it somehow always looked to me like they were a part of the whole design. Guess I didn't read the topic so careful. So, with just hours from the flight, and with the packs still undone (lol) I started to frenetically search on the web for a supplier of spare lens here in Bucharest. Guess what, found one, and they had it on stock too. So right now I'm about to finally mount the adapter on the camera case.

In the end, many thanks to Greg who shipped it when he said he would (saturday). Just a day or two of delay and it would have arrived here right after I left for Cyprus.

P.S. Greg, a hint for your international shipments, coming from my recent experience: just a few days ago (june 16th) I received another package, that was mailed from the USA on June 2nd, using first class mail (letter). Weight was similar, value was the same (60$, I let you figure why :D ) tracking was exactly the same (just an input at origin) and it costed under 5$ to mail. Transit time was a bit better then small flat rate box/envelope. In case there's no catch that I'm missing, you could use this service in order to get a better deal to international customers.

Installation is a breeze, it took me about 20 minutes to carefully put it together.

I'm under the impression that I put a too thin silicon layer on the back of the adapter, but will be taking the silicone tube with me and redo the installation if needed.

Nice fish damo, looks a little too deep for the filter but it hasnt made the video too dark and there's still a hint of colour. Id like to see how it looks in some shallower video, from what ive read a colour filter is best 15-30ft beyond that most colours are lost and only external lighting will help much.

Depends on the visibility and amount of sunlight. I've been happy with the GoPro + filter down to 80 feet in Bonaire, but also in Bonaire 50 feet, poor viz, late in the day, and it was too dark so the footage had a lot of video gain noise.

Hey Blurryfix, is the lens still available for $65? Your site lists $75 so I'm curious as I'm also interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom