GoPro HD underwater blur fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer to pat them!
This is shot with a Snake River Prototyping Blurfix mod Lens on a Go Pro.
R3 mode(720p) with clear UV filter............. NO VIGNETTING!!!!
Untitled on Vimeo
Untitled on Vimeo

LISTEN TO THIS!!!!!!!!!! WHALE SONG!
(juvenile harlequin tuskfish!)
Untitled on Vimeo

Last edited:
I prefer to pat them!
This is shot with a Snake River Prototyping Blurfix mod Lens on a Go Pro.
R3 mode(720p) with clear UV filter............. NO VIGNETTING!!!!
Untitled on Vimeo

Nice video.
As for patting vs spearfishing the garfish, I very much doubt the ones here can be patted, you might notice in my video that it starts evading me when I'm closing in at about 3 meters.
You also need to take into account the difference between freediving (you are almost always either coming in fast or waiting on the bottom motionless while hearing your heartbeat) and scuba diving (you can wait for the fish to become less cautious and more curious about you, then start moving slowly and so on).

And I am sure they all prefer you didn't. Handling the sea life is just bad form mate. Those aren't puppies and kittens.

Well if I was a fish, I'd rather be patted then speared that's for sure. No skin off it's nose, it didn't seem to mind!
There not puppies or kittens to you..........................................

They are my puppies! That's why I didn't post the location!!!!!!

Nice video.
As for patting vs spearfishing the garfish, I very much doubt the ones here can be patted, you might notice in my video that it starts evading me when I'm closing in at about 3 meters.
You also need to take into account the difference between freediving (you are almost always either coming in fast or waiting on the bottom motionless while hearing your heartbeat) and scuba diving (you can wait for the fish to become less cautious and more curious about you, then start moving slowly and so on).
Well as for spearfishing with scuba gear, it's against the law here in Australia and that's a good thing!
Someday you should try some Dal lentils for a meal- Cooking With Kurma

Hey guys, I just received my BlurFix housing and am really impressed with it. The additional housing feels super solid with it's anodized construction.

I do have a question though. if I'm understanding this correctly, there must always be a filter on the housing, there is no way to swap housings while down under as that would flood the lens!

Are there any suggestions on how to handle the pinkish color that occurs between 0-15ft of depth while using green or cyan filters? I haven't played around with it yet myself as I just opened the box, but that's the first thing that struck me when I realized how it was designed.

Also, I am quite curious, I also have a mako lens, anyone have any idea how the whole unit would behave with BOTH the mako and the blurfix stacked? Would we be able to flood both lenses and get the flexibility of swapping filters down under with the benefit of no vignetting?

Oh yeah, second question about the blurfix.

How do you guys store the housing? Do you take off the UV filter and store that leaving the filter housing and dessicants open? Or do you leave the filter on? Maybe I should buy a pelican case lol

Lenaxia, remember to always do a test dive without the camera whenever you make any modifications to the housing especially if you decide to try merging the two. I recommend that you rinse with fresh water, and remove the filter wipe the threads with a damp cloth, then screw the filter back on and it will be ready for the next use, the activated alumina balls (desiccant) will continue to pull moisture out of the air so it would be best to keep it all assembled. We provide plenty of them, but remember they are reusable, just toss into the oven at 170 F for about half an hour.

Lenaxia, remember to always do a test dive without the camera whenever you make any modifications to the housing especially if you decide to try merging the two. I recommend that you rinse with fresh water, and remove the filter wipe the threads with a damp cloth, then screw the filter back on and it will be ready for the next use, the activated alumina balls (desiccant) will continue to pull moisture out of the air so it would be best to keep it all assembled. We provide plenty of them, but remember they are reusable, just toss into the oven at 170 F for about half an hour.

Thanks Bill! I will definitely be doing a test dive without the camera in there in my pool before my next time!

Do you have any suggestions on the "pink" effect that URPro talks about at shallow depths?

It will be most apparent when shooting directly into the light, best thing is to keep that in mind when filming, like you probly do already, it can also be removed when editing. I'm not an expert on the editing, but I am willing to bet someone will post with a recommendation for good video editing software and how to's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom