GoPro HD underwater blur fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, I am quite curious, I also have a mako lens, anyone have any idea how the whole unit would behave with BOTH the mako and the blurfix stacked? Would we be able to flood both lenses and get the flexibility of swapping filters down under with the benefit of no vignetting?

If the mako lens is creating more vignetting effect then the blurryfix adapter, then using both will just result in having the vignettin effect of the mako lense.

Well as for spearfishing with scuba gear, it's against the law here in Australia and that's a good thing!
Someday you should try some Dal lentils for a meal- Cooking With Kurma

I wasn't talking about spearfishing with scuba gear, that's probably one of the lamest things ever. I believe it's either prohibited or considered industrial fishing (requiring a licence) in most countries.
I was explaining why you can't do in freedive the petting that you can do when scuba diving.

If the mako lens is creating more vignetting effect then the blurryfix adapter, then using both will just result in having the vignettin effect of the mako lense.

I wasn't talking about spearfishing with scuba gear, that's probably one of the lamest things ever. I believe it's either prohibited or considered industrial fishing (requiring a licence) in most countries.
I was explaining why you can't do in freedive the petting that you can do when scuba diving.

Great question Adrian!
If you fitted the mako could you then use the lenses as wet lenses?
Thus being able to change them underwater and use a greater range of lenses as they don't have to take any pressure then and sealing is no longer an issue.
I think using 55mm screw in Diopters(+4 I want to try firstly) would be the way to get some close ups footage with the go pro.

I am glad you don't go spearfishing with tanks. Looking at the lack of fish in your film, it's time people gave the fish some time to recuperate from overfishing. I am glad my country is making the right mores regards protecting habitat and species in the marine environment, via No take zoning of 1/3 of total habitat.
http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/register/p02878aa.pdf

Hi there

So can anyone say that there is an honest diff between the "960" and the "1080" version? i am going to pick one up and just curious if there is a major diff between the two to warrant the additional cost.

Thanks

Hi there

So can anyone say that there is an honest diff between the "960" and the "1080" version? i am going to pick one up and just curious if there is a major diff between the two to warrant the additional cost.

Thanks

Oz,
I believe its the processor speed- 720P runs at 60fps in the 1080 hero, but only 30fs in the 960p and the fact it can't take the LCD add on or the extra battery pack.
If you want to "see" that the picture/vid centered properly while your rolling camera, you want the LCD backpack most definitely.
Cheers,
Damo

It will be most apparent when shooting directly into the light, best thing is to keep that in mind when filming, like you probly do already, it can also be removed when editing. I'm not an expert on the editing, but I am willing to bet someone will post with a recommendation for good video editing software and how to's.
Most editing software has color correction - just use the slider to reduce red until it looks good. Use keyframing to correct specific parts of video.

Alright, I finally had a chance to dive with the housing this Tuesday. Sadly I partially flooded the lens due to user error. I have since spoken to blurryfix about it and figured out what I did wrong. I'll let you guys know how my next dive goes!

In the meantime, enjoy my test video I threw together!

[video=youtube;oU2mQPav4Dc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU2mQPav4Dc[/video]

Just wondering if I could get some recommendations from real world users...

I have a GoPro HD Hero and am planning to pick up one of these lens "fixes" for use underwater use but not sure which one is best for my purposes.

My situation is a little different than most of the posts and sample videos in here because I am not actually planning to use it for scuba diving but rather just snorkeling for now (may eventually use for scuba diving but that would be at least a year + away). So any recommendations for which would be best in general snorkeling scenerios and do I need to get a filter or not? I'm planning on buying a second housing for the GoPro to have one setup for underwater use and another for "dry land" use so either an add-on lense or a preassembled new enclosure would be fine. I'm not a huge photography buff but would like video to come out as best as possible.

Thanks,
Kory Bricker

I have two flat lenses, one that replaces the original from Mako and one from Snake River Prototyping, LLC. called Blurfix. I use and would recommend the Blurfix adapter from Snake River Prototyping, you can use more use settings (720P and so on) than the others without having to crop your video's and it uses a standard size lens so you can buy filters that will just screw on.

Hey, just set up a Facebook page, posted some of our customers video + installation Video. Thanks a bunch to our loyal customers for sending the videos, you guys Rock!! If any other BlurFix users would like to send video to add to our library, please email us a link to info@snakeriverprototyping.com using YouTube OR Vimeo and let us know what you will allow us to use it for (promoting,advertising, or sharing).

Check out our Facebook page: Snake River Prototyping | Facebook

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom