Trip Report Grand Cayman Trip Report - July 2 - 8 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emtee63

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We stayed at Plantana Condos on Mid-North SMB and went diving with Indigo Divers. It was home away from home, 20 steps from our beach chairs on SMB, close to good eats, etc. etc. etc. The grounds were well kept and the staff was friendly. We did not want to leave this beach paradise. We will definitely go back. We bought groceries for us to eat breakfast and lunch at the condo and we went out for dinner. This allowed us to get in maximum beach time and save a few $$$ for things like Diving!

My wife, 15 year old daughter and I spent 3 days diving with Kate and Chris at Indigo Divers. They run a great operation. We were picked up on time each day and it was only a short drive to the dock. My wife and I are experienced divers but my daughter only had 14 dives when we arrived at the Indigo Dock. They did not "baby" my teenager but Kate always had a watchful eye on her and was very interactive with her. My daughter gained a lot of confidence and experience on these 6 dives. Indigo had an environment on their boat that allowed us to have a good, safe diving experience. The 6 divers max is outstanding and allows everyone of varying skills to have a great experience. We were diving Northwest sites (Big Tunnels, Chain Reef, Northwest Point, Funky sponge, )and were able to dive the Kittiwake one day. It was our favorite dive of the trip. Kate did a great job of showing us that ship. Don't skip diving the Kittiwake if you have never done it. We saw lots of Green Eels, Ocean Triggers and a big Goliath Grouper on this trip. Kate is also great at finding the small stuff. We will definitely call Indigo again when we return to Grand Cayman. #indigodivers

Attachments

• DSCN3380.JPG
    DSCN3380.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN3519.JPG
    DSCN3519.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN3372.JPG
    DSCN3372.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Forgot to say that we stayed in condo #11 at Plantana.

Attachments

• DSCN3168.JPG
    DSCN3168.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN3170.JPG
    DSCN3170.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN3570.JPG
    DSCN3570.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 80
Your second photo at the Indigo dock shows the most expensive toilet facility on GC in the background. I gather it was a requirement for the dock construction permit.

Those condos and the beach look beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Your second photo at the Indigo dock shows the most expensive toilet facility on GC in the background. I gather it was a requirement for the dock construction permit.

Yep, you would be correct. They call it "The Loo with the view of the blue". It even has it's own facebook page.

Back
Top Bottom