GUE Fundies report...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First af all Congrats!

Second... It's true. Most of gue divers are people with a very strong enthusiasm about the way they dive.
And there's always someone willing to team up and make things safer, easiest and more fun.

David

Let me be brief and tell you how GUE changed my diving! Situational awareness is what I really learned in diving GUE, it's about the team and making diving fun but always being safe.

Mike - Congratulations on your hard earned Fundies pass. Great write-up and thank you for posting.

Agree with your quote above because I experienced that first hand this past weekend when I dove MA for the first time with two GUE trained divers. It was our first MA dives for all three of us and the first time we dove as a team.

The dives were the most comfortable dives I've had in the ocean. It was easy diving even though the viz was 15-20 ft at the Chester Poling wreck and Burnham Rock. We were in sync as to what we were doing underwater, communication was spot on, knew where the team was at all times because we had lights and used them to signal each other throughout the dive. :)

Again, thanks for posting your class report.

Mike, I love this Fundies report, because what glows through it is the joy you've found in diving well.

This kind of diving and education generates controversy and winds some people up tremendously when you talk about it. But at the end of the day, what's true is that Jarrod promised me, in his book, that diving this way would be more fun. And he was right.

I have such a supportive set of cyber divers that make me happy to be a member on this site. It's all your feedback, positive critique and laugther that keep me coming back.

GUE asks candidates why they dive?

You get a wide range of answers, I feel GUE then takes that answer and incorporates safety; end result you have a diver that is so passionate about diving and he secures it with triple the safety.

Why would you not continue diving if not more, due to creating even beter safety?

I answered, I dive because I love exploring. As a child I dreamed of being a Astronaut, fascinated about the stars and planets. A child dream became a possibility when I got certified to dive in Monterey.

I was now able to enter a wonderful world that not just any person could do, I was willing to go places that only documentaries illustrated the beauty of the ocean.

I could now enter this underwater realm and confirm my beliefs of the ocean.

When I place on my heavy DUI CLX 450 drysuit and twist on my heavy duty Si-tech ring dry gloves, and mount on a set of doulbes and walk down the ramp with two other divers. It's the right stuff!

I literally feel proud to be among the best divers in the world, I feel like an astronaut ready to explore what ever comes my way, if it's 2ft viz or 50+ it's going to be history that I write.

I guess that is why I love diving off the California coast so much, it's about putting on the gear and going against the difficult conditions our ocean delivers, only those with proper gear and excellent training make safe journeys to what I call inner space. :)

MG

Last edited:
Congrats on the pass Mike, and thanks for the writeup. Hope you enjoy some great dives with your new skills.

Congrats Mike! I can't wait to dive with you again. Since you've graduated, does this mean you'll no longer participate in the "who can cause the biggest silt out dive bombing to the bottom" contest? :D

Congrats Mike! I can't wait to dive with you again. Since you've graduated, does this mean you'll no longer participate in the "who can cause the biggest silt out dive bombing to the bottom" contest? :D

LOL,

Some dives are best left as secrets of the deep, don't you think Matt? :D Or are you trying to reveal some of my trade secrets? :shocked2:

I only do silt out dives with Pacificgirl, because I like to keep her situational awareness on alert status. :rofl3:

So glad to see humor on my thread....

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom