Guys -- Bathing Suit under 3mm wetsuit? 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Land's End Sport Shorts. They're not too long, don't bunch up excessively (at least under 1 to 3 mil wetsuits), and have a variety of pockets (including at least one that zips closed) for surface intervals, or after the dive - speaking of which, they go great with Tevas/Crocs and a T-shirt for those times between dives on a trip or liveaboard. At least that's my experience.

granted i'm a noob, but i've worn board shorts under 3mm and 5mm wetsuits...in any case i've not really ever had problems with the shorts bunching too badly--i make sure everything is smoothed down before i pull the wetsuit up my legs.

Speedo makes a pair of swim shorts that I wear under my wet suits. they are made of spandex?
and are skin tight for that oh so feel. Truthfully they are a little tight and it is odd to get use to if you wear board shorts normally! (The Free swing issue)
I only wear them when Diving wet!!!!
See you topside! John

OK I have revised my gear to include a pair of spandex shorts for changing in public. I watched a guy the other day trying way too hard to don his suit using a towel for legal protection.
The spandex may take a lil getting used to tho.

Personally, I feel like I have mastered this bit of diving skill. One windy day down in Key Largo when the boats weren't going out, I had nothing to do but do a tour of the dive shops. I happened upon those Speedos with the long legs (I am an old curmudgeon who has no current knowledge of what is fashionable or not), but it sure seemed to me that such a swimsuit would be perfect under a wet suit. Nonetheless, I still couldn't see myself prancing around in a form fitting swimsuit at my age. Ah it occurred to me, I could get a pair of "board shorts" made out of nylon, to wear over my Speedo. Slip off the board shorts, slip on the wet suit, no one has a chance to be grossed out by my appearance. I wear a loose fitting under armor tee shirt as a top. The whole ensemble is quick drying.

You can wear the under armor tee shirt as a top with the wet suit pulled up to your waist while the boat is under way. When the last dive is done, you pull off your wet suit, pull on your board shorts. Perfect.

I can’t figure out why every male diver hasn’t adopted this outfit as the perfect pre and post scuba attire.

The only downside was my brother-in-law started calling me “Quicksilver” which was emblazoned down the leg of the board shorts. I have since switch to a brand with more subtle branding.

LMAO we can gross each other out now:rofl3:

By the by unless you are in the Olympics, there is no excuss whatsoever for any man any where on this earth appearing in public in a bikini style speedo.

It is just wrong. PERIOD.

i chose to wear the under armor boxer briefs. i have probaby 10 pair of them. all in black. feel the most like "free ballin' " but you can still change out of your suit , on deck, as you are wet with letting the rest of the boat know what religion you are.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom