Guys -- Bathing Suit under 3mm wetsuit? 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow.

N

strange! your avatar doesn't suggest that :D

Personally, I feel like I have mastered this bit of diving skill. One windy day down in Key Largo when the boats weren't going out, I had nothing to do but do a tour of the dive shops. I happened upon those Speedos with the long legs (I am an old curmudgeon who has no current knowledge of what is fashionable or not), but it sure seemed to me that such a swimsuit would be perfect under a wet suit. Nonetheless, I still couldn't see myself prancing around in a form fitting swimsuit at my age. Ah it occurred to me, I could get a pair of "board shorts" made out of nylon, to wear over my Speedo. Slip off the board shorts, slip on the wet suit, no one has a chance to be grossed out by my appearance. I wear a loose fitting under armor tee shirt as a top. The whole ensemble is quick drying.

You can wear the under armor tee shirt as a top with the wet suit pulled up to your waist while the boat is under way. When the last dive is done, you pull off your wet suit, pull on your board shorts. Perfect.

I can’t figure out why every male diver hasn’t adopted this outfit as the perfect pre and post scuba attire.

Put me down for a very similar rig. I just don't use Under Armour, mostly because I work at Adidas. But those long form fitting shorts are great for under the wetsuit and an extra pair of baggier shorts for topside time are even better for everyone else. But I'm really comfortable while diving and most importantly, you don't get a horrible panty line!

We should ask CBulla's opinion on that matter...here's his avatar:D

Attachments

• CBulla.jpg
    CBulla.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 80
hey, that guy can carry a baby blue speedos, i tell you. you can almost forgive him for wearing that big cross pendant....

Am I strange for wearing a bathing suit under my 7mm wetsuit? How about under a 3mm wetsuit? (Ok it was a little bunched under the 7mm, but not too bad. And it was easy to take of the wetsuit in a public on the beach when I was done.)

What do males typically wear next to their wetsuit -- just a supporter? A supporter and a bathing suit? Nothing?

Thanks for any opinions.

Bathing suit of some kind here----usually a speedo........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom