• Don't Care

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • Its a Little Much

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Hell No!

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok you two ..while Ravipoo I am sure would like to have a come back ..take it to a PM.
You are off the subject and it's getting nasty.

Raviepoo:
Thank you for deciding not to take his bait. He has offended me greatly. But, I will not allow him or anyone to continue this on scuba board.
Enough said.

I have nothing against good looking people of either sex as part of marketing, or just making for a better looking magazine, BUT...it always makes me groan because it is so wrong for Scuba. I get cold easily, but how many dives can you do without SOME kind of thermal protection?! So for me, it would be like a woman or man in a bathing suit sitting in the cockpit of a jet in an aviation mag.

International Male has buff dudes wearing little and Victoria's Secret has buff dudettes wearing little-works for them. I just tend to like gear a little less when they works so hard at selling something other than its features...

Ken

I'd let em wear bikinis only if it was a cold water dive......

What I want to know is do these women really dive or are they just models to get interest in the sport. Lets face it, it isn't a sport that is very attractive. And most of us who have the chance would dive without the suit anyway!!! :wacko:

I did some shots in a swimming pool to help out a friend who wanted some advertising shoots - did that in a bikini and I dive!!!
I'm sure not all magazines use divers...its probably not easy finding a diver who also is signed up with a modelling agency! :)

Have you ever taken any pics?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom