Hands-on experience with Henderson Thermaxx?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrTW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there,

I'm looking at 3mm wetsuits for tropical waters (Philippines, Cozumel, etc.).

Just tried on a Henderson Thermaxx 3mm, which feels really comfortable.

Compared to other 3mm suits the Thermaxx feels seriously thin and light without much sealing at ankles and wrists.

The stretch and weight are great attributes but I'm wondering if the suit actually keeps water from flushing through and does provide for proper warmth throughout a long day of diving.

If anyone has some hands-on experience with the Thermaxx to share it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

I have a 3 ml Thermaxx shorty and love it.
I think you will be well satisfied

I have a 3 ml Thermaxx shorty and love it.
I think you will be well satisfied

Thank you randpchi for sharing.

In case you have experience with other/'non stretchy' suits: Would you consider the Thermaxx providing the same insulation compared to other 3mm suits?

If providing the same insulation the Thermaxx appears to be the most comfy suit I have tried in many years.

only with the henderson and a 3/2 bare fullsuit. I like the bare but not nearly as well as the henderson. Bare was much cheaper though.

My husband and I both have a 5mm Henderson Thermaxx. It is very stretchy and VERY comfortable for sure. I also have a Bare Elastek from 2012 in 3mm. You are right. The wrist and the ankle seals on the Henderson Thermaxx are not as good as the one on the Bare. My 3mm Bare feels almost as warm as my 5mm Henderson. OK, maybe not exactly, but it sure feels like it.

Pros of Henderson: easy don, easy doff, material feels really nice against the skin.
Cons of Henderson: maybe not as warm due to no ankle/wrist seals.

Pros of Bare: great seals!
Cons of Bare: pain in the behind to get on and off.

Leisure Pro has 20% off Henderson

Thanks randpchi.

That is a good promotion and still valid for a few days.

I chatted with them but unfortunately the Thermaxx line is not offered by LP.

Thanks again for sharing.

Hi there,

I'm looking at 3mm wetsuits for tropical waters (Philippines, Cozumel, etc.).

Just tried on a Henderson Thermaxx 3mm, which feels really comfortable.

Compared to other 3mm suits the Thermaxx feels seriously thin and light without much sealing at ankles and wrists.

The stretch and weight are great attributes but I'm wondering if the suit actually keeps water from flushing through and does provide for proper warmth throughout a long day of diving.

If anyone has some hands-on experience with the Thermaxx to share it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

I have three Henderson Thermaxx 5mm suits. One for myself, my wife, and our daughter. We love them. The soft fleecy liner is comfortable, and the super flexy material make them easy to don, doff, and move around. I do not have their 3mm suits but since I've been impressed with the Henderson gear that I do have (previously mentioned 5mm suits & some 3mm hooded vests) I see no reason not to recommend them.

I have three Henderson Thermaxx 5mm suits. One for myself, my wife, and our daughter. We love them. The soft fleecy liner is comfortable, and the super flexy material make them easy to don, doff, and move around. I do not have their 3mm suits but since I've been impressed with the Henderson gear that I do have (previously mentioned 5mm suits & some 3mm hooded vests) I see no reason not to recommend them.

Thanks for sharing.

Would you assume that the Thermaxx 5mm has the same insulation compared to other 5mm suits?

The stretchy fabric on the Thermaxx appears really thin... The 3mm feels like 1mm.

If the Thermaxx seals properly and keeps equally insulation to a comparable suit than its a great suit with a super comfy fit.

Would you assume that the Thermaxx 5mm has the same insulation compared to other 5mm suits?

I'll admit it doesn't feel like 5mm thickness and if I could find my micrometer I'd measure to satisfy curiosity. I guess the question would be is a wetsuit rated to approximately the equivalent of x-mm thickness of standard neoprene? My daughters 5mm (happened to be closest) is approximately 3mm thick when just measuring by feel which is not exactly scientific. I compared that to her 3mm vest and it does seem quite thin compared to the "5". Last time I was in the Caribbean with 3mm shorties (no idea what brand) they felt paper thin compared to what we were used to. If the neck, arm, & leg seals feel at all snug I expect that they should do the job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom