Hands-on experience with Henderson Thermaxx?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a thermaxx 3 mil that I loved and kept me warmer than my previous 3 mil wetsuits. Our students use the thermaxx 7 mils for check out dives in NE and if they get the right fit, the inside is almost dry when they take it off, there is not a lot of water exchange happening. I have worn a 7 mil thermaxx, with a thermaxx 3 mil vest, and been far warmer than in my previous 7 mil and vest. So my experience is that not only are they as warm as suits of comparable thickness, but actually warmer. All of the divers I know here in NE who have used them (which is quite a few) are of the same opinion.

Thermals actually feel way warmer with that firefleece liner on the inside, as warm or might be warmer than their aqualock suit

I had a thermaxx 3 mil that I loved and kept me warmer than my previous 3 mil wetsuits. Our students use the thermaxx 7 mils for check out dives in NE and if they get the right fit, the inside is almost dry when they take it off, there is not a lot of water exchange happening. I have worn a 7 mil thermaxx, with a thermaxx 3 mil vest, and been far warmer than in my previous 7 mil and vest. So my experience is that not only are they as warm as suits of comparable thickness, but actually warmer. All of the divers I know here in NE who have used them (which is quite a few) are of the same opinion.

Thanks for the feedback!

My order should arrive on Thursday as size LL was a bit too snug. So, the LT will hopefully do the trick in best fit.

If everything checks out I will give the Thermaxx a try in three weeks time.

thanks again!

Thermals actually feel way warmer with that firefleece liner on the inside, as warm or might be warmer than their aqualock suit

The aqualock is much more expensive and my LDS advised again the aqualock and for the Thermaxx.

Always refreshing if a LDS goes with actual recommendation as oppose to the money making deal.

The aqualock is much more expensive and my LDS advised again the aqualock and for the Thermaxx.

Always refreshing if a LDS goes with actual recommendation as oppose to the money making deal.

Correct, aqualock is more expensive because its a semi dry , i think there's a little higer profit margin for them on thermaxx, plus you cant buy thermaxx online, those suits made only for brick and mortar stores

I'll second Kim, I had a 7mm thermaxx that I loved. Only reason I don't have one now is I drove off with it on my roof and lost it...

As an FYI: I tried on all available sizes of the Henderson Thermaxx in my LDS and none of them would fit 100%. I really wanted to get one of those as they seem very comfy and light.

Instead i now got a Scubapro Everflex Steamer 3/2 with that small zipper in the front (2016 model). The fit was perfect and i just tried the suit out for 7 dives in tropical waters and am very happy. The only weird thing about the Everflex is that i can not close the back diagonal zipper alone as the rubber seal gets stuck - not a showstopper as the suit is super comfy.

Thanks for all the input on the Thermaxx :)

I have a Thermaxx 3mm shorty, and it has been awesome so far. Have owned a couple of other cheap shorties and there is no comparison. The fleece lining feels great and makes getting it adjusted a breeze.
The best part is the front zipper - I am not as agile as I used to be and this makes it soooo much easier to get into and out of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom