Harvey's Wet suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm a new diver and am in need of purchasing either a Wetsuit or inexpensive drysuit in Oregon. My local dive shop is a Harveys wet and dry suit dealer. I'm looking at a Harveys hyper flex Wetsuit. I haven't really heard much or read much about Harveys on this website and I'm wondering if they are any good.

Hey, what part of oregon? I live in eugene, I'm also looking at getting the harvey's dry suit. The one with the "dyno hyde" covering most of the suit. I've heard that they are pretty good quality, I really like that they are more streamlined than a bag suit. You might need more weights because of the neoprene, but thats not a big deal in my opinion.

I've used a harvey 6.5mm farmer john and it fit like a glove, kept me warmer than other suits I've tried. There might be cheaper options, but if you're willing to spend the money on it I think the harvey is a good choice.

Over the years, the quality has been good, albeit expensive. This is an investment-- you should take the time to try on this brand and a couple of others. You should be able to see and feel some differences -- these are subjective in nature. Hopefully, you will get some additional options to compare to. I happen to use DUI dry ( also expensive) and Henderson wet.

Why are the Harvey's more expensive? I do like the fact that they are made in the Northwest. Do they make custom fit?

NW Down Diver:
Why are the Harvey's more expensive? I do like the fact that they are made in the Northwest. Do they make custom fit?

Just a guess, but at the time I bought my last suit from them they were a Union shop.

They do however do an excellent job of converting measurements on paper to neoprene on the body.

BTW the measurement chart for Harvey's is a bit more extensive than the ones used by most other "custom" suit shops.

FT

The wet suit I dive is a Harvey's. It's one of the old "Titanium Toasters", 6.5mm farmer john and jacket. I've been diving this suit for 6 years and it's holding up very well.

When doubled up with a hood, it's almost like diving a semi-dry suit. There have been times when I've come up from a dive and still had large areas of dry material on the inside.

Takes a good bit of weight to get down when doubled up, but I've dived this setup in water below 50 degrees F and stayed quite comfortable.

I'm really not up to speed on what they're offering nowadays, but as far as a recommendation on the product and company go, I give them 2 thumbs up.

BOYCOTT HARVEYS!

About 10 years ago I registered at my LDS to win a free wetsuit from them, and all I got was a couple of 'coozies.' (you know, the little neoprene soda can insulators?)

Must say, though, they are the best-made coozies I've ever seen, so they must make great wetsuits. But I would have no way of knowing for sure, since I didn't win one. I bought a suit from Performance, before they went under.

All together, now, "Let it go, 3Dent!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom