Has anyone gone wet again after diving dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive in the puget sound and san juan islands year around in a 6mm wetsuit, and love it. I have done a few dives with a DS and did not find it nearly as enjoyable. for me, the more simple the better. that being said. when I dive surface supplied, I dive dry the majority of the time.

1_T_Submariner:
P.S. My drysuit is much more comfortable than 7mm and a shorty 10mm core.
Ah ... but ze feeling of smooth black rubber.:D

Unless it's 80 degrees top to bottom, I'm dry.

I've heard that there are people that go back to wet from dry, but then I've also seen pictures of Big Foot too.:rofl3:

penny-pue
penny-pue
woo hoo hoo!
'tis pennypue!

(sorry just felt like saying that)

H2Andy:
but ... seriously...

yes, in warm water, i see no need for a drysuit. so my south florida diving and Caribbean diving is all done wet

I dove dry in Pompano Beach FL yesterday. Water was 72deg. Others on the boat were laughing as I was gearing up.

After 65 minutes on the fourth dive of the day, no one was laughing anymore.

:)

Will be on Cayman Aggressor in April. Water will be in low 80s. I'll be in a DUI 30/30. People will be laughing. I'll be doing 5-6 dives a day for 7 days without ever ONCE donning a "wet" wetsuit.

2006_3030_stretch_action.jpg

well, i don't much care whether people laugh or not

and i don't do that much diving (my back would kill me)

seeing as i only do 2-3 dives per day in warm water, a wetsuit is fine. if i were doing more diving, it would definetely make sense

Its All about the U:
I took a dry suit class and while it was good being warm and dry after diving, I was'nt crazy about the bulkiness I felt and the weight I had to carry- I felt heavy underwater and amnot sure that I am willing to spend that kind of money in hopes it becomes easier the more I do it- I think I am going to be one of those who prefer being wet- the DS seems like such a hassle- a pain to put on, difficulty getting my BC on and getting hot even before the dive at 50 degrees surface temp- do you think I can get away w/ a good 7mm semi dry -- and be able to dive Morehead area off NC coast year round? I can afford dry but think I would be more comfortable wet- just want to be able to be comfortable at 60 degrees 100 ft down

You'll need a drysuit. At 100' your 7mm suit is going to be more like a 2mm (depends on how much gas is in the rubber) and you'll freeze your you-know-what off.

Drysuits are a little annoying at first, but I don't know anybody who dives dry that switched back to a wetsuit for cold water.

Also, if you felt heavy underwater you're almost certainly overweighted. You'll need to do a proper buoyancy check with an almost empty tank to get your weighting right.

Terry

Has anyone gone wet again after diving dry?

I've heard of this happening during a p-valve malfunction...

:rofl3:

... not that it's ever happened to me....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom