Have you ordered gear from Joe Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking the same thing, Colin. I didn't think JD had a brick and mortar shop.

Lots of other online stores do, though. I have a few I purchase from. I've also been in most of their shops, as well.

I also purchased through JDA and had great experince. I even had a piece break on my 2nd stage about 6 months later. Paid to return it then 5 days later had it back and ready to dive again. I purchased my first setup from them and have since upgraded, but still use the regs.

I agree with the ScubaToys.com comment about they have some lower prices, with the 10% off for SB Members. I bought a Zeagle Escape from them and love it. I do not think JDA sells Zeagles. ScubaToys is a awsome store and internet site with great customer service.

Just keep looking around, until you find what you want. One advice, do not buy something cheaper because of your budget. You need to save for what you want. If you do not, you will in the long run spend more :wink:

My $.02

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I love ScubaToys, I just keep assuming they will automatically give me the 10% discount because I found out about them here. About 2 weeks ago I got a price on a new camera setup. I think when I'm ready to buy it I will have to remind them. I almost feel guilty because there price is already so good and service is the best. I can truely say I have not had the same service from anything I have ordered online. The service I get from them is better than the service I get when ordering parts from the company I work for and that means allot as I am constantly ordering parts for my job.

I agree about ScubaToys and their customer service. I bought my regs, computer, and BC from them (along with assorted items) and find it cheaper to send my regs back to them each year for servicing. Winds up costing me about $10 less, even when you include shipping.

Crawl79:
I love ScubaToys, I just keep assuming they will automatically give me the 10% discount because I found out about them here. About 2 weeks ago I got a price on a new camera setup. I think when I'm ready to buy it I will have to remind them. I almost feel guilty because there price is already so good and service is the best. I can truely say I have not had the same service from anything I have ordered online. The service I get from them is better than the service I get when ordering parts from the company I work for and that means allot as I am constantly ordering parts for my job.

If you buy enough from them, they give you an automatic discount. Last time I was in the store, I asked them about the SB discount and was told I already have a discount due to my purchasing habits there. :11:

tridacna:
I've ordered from Joe Divers. They are fine. No problems whatsoever. Be careful when buying from the Internet however. According to many on the baord, equipment ordered online is highly likely to burst, fail, or break at a moments notice especially when you least expect it. Equipment bought from your LDS is much more expensive but because it has a manufacturer's warrant will never fail. Your wallet is also more likely to be thinned out by the LDS so you will carry less weight when you travel. Now that's a big plus.

Seriously, shop around the net, then get your LDS to at least try and come close to those numbers. Remember that it's all about the service.

I’ve purchased through Joe Diver, but I am a regular at Leisurepro.com. Everything I’ve purchased had its factory warrantee that I sent in right away to register with the factory and Leisurepro for yearly servicing. Everything comes prepackaged in a sealed box with all paperwork and licensing just like the LDS; I just can’t see how you could say it’s prone to explosions just because it’s ordered online. Perhaps if your talking used equipment on ebay, but then all “used” equipment is “use at own risk” style anyway. I agree that you can’t beat the service of the LDS and I try to support them at every minor turn (renting, servicing, quick fix and minor upgrades) but when I bought my reg I saved $300 buying it online. When I received it I took it into my LDS and had them check it out for a small fee. :D

I think Scubatoys is great, but Leisurepro has the same low prices, great service, and a much, bigger selection with better organization. If you like Scubapro you can search only scubapro. If you want a Zeagle reg, click Zeagle and all there stuff pops up.

You can do the same with ScubaToys. Just click on the manufacturer links at the bottom of their home page.

No problems here with JDA. Although I never could find a telephone number, Lil in customer service is always quick with email responses.

I have ordered from them without any issues.
I had an inflator go bad and they replaced it
My only issues is there is no Phone contact, only email
I now but from Scubatoys but would buy from JD if needed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom