Hearing about Kimber has really shaken me up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairybasslet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I started thinking, maybe I should give up diving. I know I won't, but the thought crossed my mind. Do any of you have this reaction? I know this is really kind of a silly question. I mean, when I hear about a car accident, I don't think about giving up driving. Same with plane crashes.
(Thinking about you Kimber and wishing you a full recovery.)

fairybasslet:
I started thinking, maybe I should give up diving. I know I won't, but the thought crossed my mind. Do any of you have this reaction?

No.

You have no idea what caused her accident, we don't even know if it was actually related to diving for that matter. All we know is that she was on a dive boat.

When you were a kid, did you stop learning to walk because you, or one of your little baby buddies tripped and hurt themselves?

Z...

Nope. Diving is part of my life. If we ever do find out the details of this accident, we should probably take that information and evaluate how we dive, but to dive is not a question I plan to ever visit.

Walter:
If we ever do find out the details of this accident, we should probably take that information and evaluate how we dive, but to dive is not a question I plan to ever visit.
I agree completely.

Lukiedukie:
Maybe I missed it but what are yall talking about?

You missed it. There is a thread about one of our members. The biggest problem is we have almost no information about what happened or her condition.

It is kind of scary. God knows, I hope she will be ok, but I would be interested in knowing what happened. When I hear of people with so much more experienced than I am being involved in an accident, I think it is important for details. I am never been scared when I dive, but when I hear of something like this ( I dont even know yet really) it makes me scared. Even the experienced have accidents.

I don't think about giving up diving, but I do feel a lot more "mortal". I do take a moment to look again at my dive gear, my dive buddies, and those around me....and be grateful for everything I have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom